Hunter Ethic's question and Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Ethic's question and Rant

We own property north of Decatur with some of Denton Creek running thru it. We have had a feeder on the creek for the last 5 years. Our neighbor has about 5 acres on our side that joins us and is all grown up their remaining acreage is across Denton Creek. A hunter has placed a feeder on the land that adjoins us. This property is only about 50 yards wide. The feeder is about 40 yards from our fence.

The only way he can access the land is by crossing Denton Creek. He carried the feeder across it. He has a stand on the opposite side which he will be shooting across the creek. His wife and my wife have been life long friends. She contacted us today wanted to know if her husband could bring in a tractor and brush hog to mow down around his feeder. We haven't responded back yet. There inlays the problem. 1 we think the feeder is to close to the fence. 2. Its to close to our feeder.

What would y'all do?
    Last edited by ctburt0n; 09-26-2020, 08:37 PM. Reason: Please delete post

Let the man hunt and not worry about it

Comment

Doesn’t that also mean you have a feeder too close to the fence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let material things like deer hunting potentially disrupt a lifelong friendship?

Comment

if its his property I don't see how you can tell him if he can or can't mow his property. If he wants to come through your property to get to his to mow it that's a definite no way. If the trajectory is coming into your property let the game warden know and he can deal with the neighbor. Friendship or deer. You pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Let the man hunt and not worry about it
            This would be my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              Doesn’t that also mean you have a feeder too close to the fence?

Our property isn't 50 yards wide and we own land on both side of the creek. Our feeder is 100 yards from the property line. He is leasing that to hunt on.

Comment

He's just trying to pull deer off your property.........NO!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  This would be my thoughts.
                  So it wouldn't bother you to have another hunter's feeder less than 150 yards away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by ctburt0n View Post
                    So it wouldn't bother you to have another hunter's feeder less than 150 yards away from you.
                    Actually none of your business where his feeder is as long as his bullet are arrow doesn't cross your fence line.

Comment

Offer to help

Comment

Could be worse he could have put the feeder closer. So does this mean after he shoots a deer you will get another call, "I have one hit can I track it on your property. " I'd let him hunt, but not let him bring a tractor or brush hog thru your property. I'd tell him no not this close to season. If he leased the 5 acres he knew what he was getting into.

Comment

Lease him some of your land so he can have more

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d be helpful and if it really bothers you have a conversation FTF in a respectful and courteous way, acknowledging that he can do what he wants on his land. Good neighbors aren’t worth spoiling over a deer hunt.

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about it. Just hunt and remain friends.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Working...
                              X