Colorado Bend State Park Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Bend State Park Youth Hunt

Well guys we had a great time at the Colorado Bend SP! We drew area two and found us a nice spot with ton of sign and we saw five doe but weren’t able to get a shot on any of them!

The park staff told me most of the deer came out of our unit! I know 4 or 5 deer and two aoudad were shot in our unit! A few more aoudad were shot out of the a coupe other units! The park has some thick brush and it’s tough to set up in! If I were to do it again I would pack in a couple light weight 8’ tripods and set up on the ravines! We came up empty handed but we had a great time camping and enjoying the outdoors! Here’s a video from our trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LVhunter09; 01-08-2020, 04:30 PM.

Cool thanks. I wasn’t able to bring my grandson. Hated to miss it

Comment

It was fun we had a great time! Sorry y’all missed it! Hoping to get drawn there again The park was beautiful

Comment

Nice video LV, thanks for sharing. My two got drawn for Pedernales this year and we didn’t see much at all. But had an absolute blast, great experience! Were some nice bucks killed while we were there though. Colorado Bend looks awesome too!

Comment

Nice video. We were drawn for the the adult either sex hunt back in November. We lucked out with area 1. 3 out 4 of us got a nice buck. My dad was the only one who didn’t get a deer but he had the opportunity just couldn’t quite make it happen. Extremely beautiful place and would love to hunt it again. Bummer your boy didn’t get one

Comment

Working...
          X