Spider ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider ID

What kind of spider is this? I’ve never seen one before. It looks like it has a egg sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump for the answer

Comment

Looks like a wolf spider and a sack full of little ones! About 4736 little ones in that ball.

Comment

mama wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
          Looks like a wolf spider and a sack full of little ones! About 4736 little ones in that ball.
          Might be a low estimate with that big a sack.

Gary

Comment

I have been seeing these things all over the yard this year.

Comment

Wolf spider. When we were kids used to fill up those holes with water and wait for them to pop up then drop a firecracker in with them. Fire in the hole!

We did that to a tree with a hole in it once in his yard. We were dropping them down inside the tree and apparently it was pretty dry in there. The next day that tree was burnt to the ground. It's a wonder we didn't set the whole town on fire. His dad asked what happened and I said "lightning must've struck it.".....hadn't been any lightning around in quite some time. His dad smiled and said...."Huh.....I'll be danged."ahahahahahaha

I really thought we were both about to get whooped.
              Last edited by okrattler; 05-14-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                Pretty cool and creepy when they all come out and ride around on mama’s back in a big pile

Comment

The kind you kill

Comment

Yeah Jerp, only gets creepier when little mini mes are hitchhiking mama Wolf post hatch. For the rest of the day I’ll likely be hearing in my head that old Jim Stafford song “I don’t like spiders and snakes” …

Comment

Originally posted by 3chordtruth View Post
                      yeah jerp, only gets creepier when little mini mes are hitchhiking mama wolf post hatch. For the rest of the day i’ll likely be hearing in my head that old jim stafford song “i don’t like spiders and snakes” …
                      [ATTACH]1003727[/ATTACH]

Comment

definitely a wolf spider. here's one i had on my porch last year with the babies
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                          definitely a wolf spider. here's one i had on my porch last year with the babies
                          How long did it take to put the fire out?

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                            How long did it take to put the fire out?
                            Actually I let that one be. She hung out on my porch for 3 or 4 days slowly shedding babies. Then she was gone. It may sound weird but where I'm at I depend on the wolf spiders to keep the brown recluses and black widows at bay.

For a while I'd preserve the brown recluses and black widows I found, but then i just started killing them outright. (pic attached because it did happen haha)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Babies on board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X