Custom Remington Model 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Remington Model 700

Well I was in a great gun shop yesterday here is CA (They do exist!!) and found a matching set of custom Remington 700s. Both had lilja 26" sported contour barrels, McMillan mtn rifle stocks, bedded, fluted bolts and were put together by a shop here called Trophy Ammo Rifles. Both had Zeiss conquest 3-9x40s with Talley rings. One was chambered in 300wby and one in 338 ultra. Wondering what you guys thought they'd be worth? I could have walked it with them for $1200 out the door each but thought it might be a tad steep.

I'm not well versed in custom rifles, but I'd think they'd be worth $1200 each, easy.

Comment

The stocks, barrels and chambering will cost more than that. Sounds like a hell of a deal especially, if the the actions have been blueprinted. Nonetheless, that's a steal if you don't mind the shoulder busting chamberings.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        I'm not well versed in custom rifles, but I'd think they'd be worth $1200 each, easy.
        This. If I cared to have either caliber I'd have you go back and buy one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          This. If I cared to have either caliber I'd have you go back and buy one for me.
          agreed!!^^^

thats a good price for a semi custom rifle. macmillans arent cheap and neither is the machine work and assembly of the barrel to action...AND they have scope???

If i was interested in those calibers, you would be purchasing a rifle for me and mailing it!!!

Comment

Sounds like priced about right

Comment

Working...
            X