Healthy people in handicap parking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy people in handicap parking!

I see this far too often, but what I just saw really upset me! A truck pulls up and two older teen or 20 something young girls come bouncing out of it. I don't even see a handicap sticker on the truck. Not that it would matter. There ain't a dang thing wrong with those young women except their parents have failed to raise them right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a guy get reamed in an HEB parking lot a while back because he said something to a lady about it as she got out of her car after parking a a handicap spot. That woman lit into him something fierce. It appeared that she was not "handicapped" either. There are folks who really deserve this, but like everything else in todays world, there are a whole lot of others just trying to take advantage of the system.

Bisch

Comment

I don't like that either but that looks like a disabled veterans plate. Might be their parents vehicle. Doesn't make it right but they're probably just taking advantage of having the sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        I watched a guy get reamed in an HEB parking lot a while back because he said something to a lady about it as she got out of her car after parking a a handicap spot. That woman lit into him something fierce. It appeared that she was not "handicapped" either. There are folks who really deserve this, but like everything else in todays world, there are a whole lot of others just trying to take advantage of the system.

Bisch

I saw a bumper sticker one time that said " you can have my parking spot if I can have your legs".

Comment

That is one thing that I don't let slide. Those spots are for people that need it and have proof they need it. If you don't have handicap plates, disabled vet plates, or a temp handicap hang tag then I am going to let you know. I have no problem calling it in either.

Comment

I was parked next to handicapped spots at a soccer field, waiting for my son to finish practice. A young lady (maybe 28) pulled into the handicap spot next to me. She got out with no apparent issues, hustled to the back of her SUV to get her lawn chair and then sprinted to the field to claim a spot. She came back a few minutes later for something that she forgot and I let her know she was parked in a handicap spot. She proceeded to tell me that she is handicap and that she has handicap plates. As she walks away she says "but thank you for your concern". Not going to lie, it chapped my ... that people like that feel the need to use the system.

Comment

Is that in Normangee?

Comment

im a firefighter and recently had to have my leg amputated. This summer heat kills me trying to go anywhere with crutches and i needed to run and get something and both handicapped spots were taken so i had to park way in back and as i was walking/hopping in a 20 yr old guy that looked like he just came from the gym come walking out to get into the handicapped spot.

Comment

I always tell people to move. One guy drove up to Papa Johns and parked in handicapped in his sports car. No plates or tags.

I walked in and told him he needs to move and he said he will only be a minute. I told him that people like you are the reason my mom has to park far away. He left and moved his car with an unhappy place.

BTW, my mom does not have handicap plates or sticker but I thought it would make the guy feel worse.

Comment

Look again, DV on the plate means "Disabled Vet". The symbol on the left looks to be a Purple Heart.

He can have my spot any day!

Comment

Pet peeve of mine

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                        Look again, DV on the plate means "Disabled Vet". The symbol on the left looks to be a Purple Heart.

Jeff thinks Tim should Read a little better

Comment

Last 2 digits are DV and it looks to have the Marine Corp emblem to the left. Doesn't give them the right to use it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post

Take another gander at the OP. We'll give you another chance.

Comment

We have handicap plates on our van for Macie. When we got the van we went with the rear ramp. On of the reasons was the spots are always taken. Wi h the rear ramp we don't need a wide spot. Of course there has been a time or two that people have had to wait for us to get out of their way in smaller parking lots.

Comment

Working...
                              X