The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
    Then let them do what they want on state owned land. Federally owned lands and access to activities on them is prejudicial against non-residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Says the guy that drew Valle Vidal

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Says the guy that drew Valle Vidal

......which is federally owned land. [emoji16]

I'd gladly give up hunting state owned land in western states for equitable tag allocation for non-residents. That would provide MUCH more opportunity for me.

Comment

......which is federally owned land. [emoji16]

I'd gladly give up hunting state owned land in western states for equitable tag allocation for non-residents. That would provide MUCH more opportunity for me.
        When is your hunt?

I'm going crazy. Watching elk hunting videos. Shooting practice. I've checked my gear enough that I might wear it out before the hunt LOL

Comment

When is your hunt?

I leave this Thursday the 14th. Hunt starts on the 15th.

Comment

Heck yeah. Good luck man. Live hunt!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              We hiked in everything and stayed out for 9 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Looks a lot better than the view from Sutherland Ave! Good luck in the hills!

Comment

Heck yeah. Good luck man. Live hunt!!

No service AT ALL up there. I went and set up camp this weekend. I've got an inreach that I'll have to keep in contact with the wife but that's about the only connection I'll have to the outside world for 10 days.

Comment

No service AT ALL up there. I went and set up camp this weekend. I've got an inreach that I'll have to keep in contact with the wife but that's about the only connection I'll have to the outside world for 10 days.
                  I had a Verizon pre-paid phone that got enough signal to text from Clayton Corral and going a couple of miles to the west along the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                    I had a Verizon pre-paid phone that got enough signal to text from Clayton Corral and going a couple of miles to the west along the road.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I may take one up as a backup. Hopefully the inreach does what I need it to do.

Comment

Wow, I get off this for a while and everybody is beetching about hunting spots and units! I feel like I'm on some of the other forums. But for only $150 you can too get all the draw odds you want!!! I used to look up all the state websites and have numbers of off the beaten path units, no GoHunt, blows it all to heck!!!! Whatever, pay your number for the golden ticket and see what happens.

On that note, buy your points for WY people!!!!! It is easier to pay $120 per year for three species than it is to add another year to your life!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                        Wow, I get off this for a while and everybody is beetching about hunting spots and units! I feel like I'm on some of the other forums. But for only $150 you can too get all the draw odds you want!!! I used to look up all the state websites and have numbers of off the beaten path units, no GoHunt, blows it all to heck!!!! Whatever, pay your number for the golden ticket and see what happens.

On that note, buy your points for WY people!!!!! It is easier to pay $120 per year for three species than it is to add another year to your life!

I agree...but WY voted to increase NR pref point costs to up to $75 per species. So cost will likely jump to $225. I'll still be putting in but will probably double the cost.

Comment

Verizon has WAY better service than any other company in AZ & NM. My buddies have service nearly everywhere and with AT&T I have to be in a fairly major town to get service..

If you haven't already, sync your phone with bluetooth using Earthmate with your Inreach. Makes texting and receiving messages waaaayyyyy easier.

I also learned the hard lesson to go ahead and spring for the unlimited text plan instead of the 40 plan.....

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          [/B]

I agree...but WY voted to increase NR pref point costs to up to $75 per species. So cost will likely jump to $225. I'll still be putting in but will probably double the cost.
                          Should be interesting. I doubt they all jump up to $75 but I bet Elk does.. I'm still ****** they jacked up the Bison Cow tag price..

Comment

I thought I would ask here as well. Seethe link below . it should have been titled getting meat home when flying. Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

Yep, we are the ahole NRs who pay out the nose to hunt "their elk" even though they live on "our land." It will continue up and up, supply and demand.

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              [/B]

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                                Yep, we are the ahole NRs who pay out the nose to hunt "their elk" even though they live on "our land." It will continue up and up, supply and demand.
                                It doesn't matter whose land the elk are on, it matters what state they live in. Just like in Texas, it doesn't matter if the deer are on your land, the state still owns and manages those deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X