Grayson County- Montague/Wise County Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grayson County- Montague/Wise County Report

Hello fellow hunters, today I have seen a swarm of single n double fawns cruising alone. As well as a doe kicking her fawn to leave. This means the 2nd rut should be starting..yes if yall have not been out we had our first rut to my observations Oct 23-28th or so before the bucks settled on down. The weather seems to be sparking up movement so go out n hunt the next week! I'll be leaving today to montague/wise till sunday and will update everyone. Also if you have not done so buy an all purpose deer call/ you wnat a fawn bleat/ young buck/ doe and mature buck grunt which you can find in a FLEXTONE..about $19.99 but wont let you down, look for the double pack has the buck wheezer in it for high point in rut, you wheeze n boss man will come try n kick some tail!

BE SAFE HUNT HARD N BRING HOME THE BACON (VENISON IN THIS CASE)

Godbless

I noticed the same thing.

Comment

Exept the deer have not been rutting yet.I know this because Im in the woods all the time up there in Wise and montague.So to think they are in post rut or comming into 2nd rut is hillarious!!!!!

Comment

Cornbread!!!!

Comment

I agree, I do not think the main rut has even started. I do hunt Stephens County however.

Comment

Be interested to see where this conversation goes....

Comment

I have seen some rutting activity around Forestburg for two weeks. I live on the ranch and hunt everyday. I do not care if it is the rut or not really, I am going to be out in the woods reguarless.

Good luck to ya'll!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                I have seen some rutting activity around Forestburg for two weeks. I live on the ranch and hunt everyday. I do not care if it is the rut or not really, I am going to be out in the woods reguarless.

Good luck to ya'll!!!!

Agreed!

Comment

Had a nice buck shot on Nov 5. He was behind a spike who was hot on a ripe doe. We placed a trailcam deep in the woods where we don't hunt. Pics a week later confirm they have Bern running...HARD! Bucks have dropped weight and are in pics within a minute of the doe.

Buddy was watching Doe pinned down a mile or so from our place a week ago. His buddies have seen similar.

Don't think it kicked in in late October, but by the 7th or 8th it was hot here.

We haven't seen much other than small young bucks at feeders though.

If you believe in moon cycles & the rut, this year is the latest for things to happen after equinox in years. Many folks predicted a "long trickle rut" in the south. I would say we have had it at our place so far.

Comment

I saw a nice eight chasing a doe head down on friday evening already shot my buck this year though n my girlfriend didnt want to take him probably the best decision of hers, gotta do rifle with her a few more years before shes ready to stick one with the bow. other than that just a sh** ton of doe out had one big bodied buck on the trail cams, still too many people out though. Ill probably be out on lbj sat to take a doe but if anyone wants to join up let me know i like company haha
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GTXHUNTER88; 11-23-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X