22-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22-250

I have been wanting a 22-250 for awhile and never owned one. Been interest in the Ruger American rifles also. I finally found that combination so I I bought it. Fixing to put a 3x9 luepold on it that I have what bullets does everyone think will pattern best? I want to. E able to shoot deer if I choose. Thanks in advance

I'd try 55gr. Sofpoints first. Wouldn't really shoot any of the v-max stuff at a deer.

Comment

I killed several with the Nosler BT. I kept all shots under 125-yards, just the way my set-up was at the time, and out of the 7 I shot behind the shoulder, none went further than 30-yards. It was like pouring jello when field dressing.

Comment

softpoints for sure , shot placement is a must if you want to take a deer humainly with 22-250 or 223 . not my goto caliber for deer but have killed a few with a 223. neck shots worked well for me . that bullet is so fast !! shooting threw the rib cage they wont even know there shot , and most cases run dang near to the next county before falling dead .

Comment

I love federal offering tipped with a sierra game king. I've gotten plenty of pass throughs with this round. Lots of dead deer. Stay away from big bones. Double lung them and they'll be dead within 100 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by breadman View Post
            softpoints for sure , shot placement is a must if you want to take a deer humainly with 22-250 or 223 . not my goto caliber for deer but have killed a few with a 223. neck shots worked well for me . that bullet is so fast !! shooting threw the rib cage they wont even know there shot , and most cases run dang near to the next county before falling dead .
            Durn, those deer I shot there must have been those that gave up the ghost upon hearing the shot

Comment

I'm looking for that exact same rifle, but used. With the 1 in 10 barrel twist, I'd try 60 gr Nosler Partitions, 64 gr Winchester Power Points or Nosler 64 gr Bonded Solid base.

Comment

Everyone should own a 22-250. I have killed more deer with that rifle than all my other rifles combined. I use a Sierra 55 gr HPBT and it is like C4 explosives. For body shots, I would recommend 55 gr soft points. Mine likes the Remington Cor-Loks. I seldom take body shots with any rifle but I have killed deer at 340 yards with my HPBT load. As others have stated, a body shot turns the organs to goo. It is a vicious round and is under rated by many people. You will love it!!

Comment

Great gun. Killed a lot of deer with mine using Remington core lokt 55 gr soft point. No problem

Comment

My favorite for deer is the Winchester 64 grain power point.

Comment

I've been shooting the Barnes Vor-tx in my Tikka 22-250 and it shoots great. I have not taken a deer with it yet, but have shot a few hogs and the 50 grain TSX performed very well.

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post

This always comes up. Shoot good ammo and you can shoot them anywhere you would shoot them with any other caliber or bow. That's like me saying on a bow hunting forum shot placement is key. Duh
                        Op stick with 55/60grn soft points or I prefer the fed premium nosler partitions. Never shot them in the neck and they have always dropped sure didn't run a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                          This always comes up. Shoot good ammo and you can shoot them anywhere you would shoot them with any other caliber or bow. That's like me saying on a bow hunting forum shot placement is key. Duh
                          Op stick with 55/60grn soft points or I prefer the fed premium nosler partitions. Never shot them in the neck and they have always dropped sure didn't run a mile.

Yep. A good bullet that will stay together and shoot em good = dead deer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you handload try the Hornady 60 gr HP's, crazy accurate and a deer killer. I have been using my 22-250 with these bullets for 40 years now on WT/Axis/Audad/Pigs, and always one shot no tracking. I am using them in my AR 223W and my AR 22-250 with great results. 34 gr 4064

Comment

22-250 is about the funnest gun ever to shoot. My favorite P-dog gun.
                              A 36gr Barnes pill will absolutely vaporize the biggest prairie dog.
                              Watch this https://youtu.be/P4jQsaqBGOY

Comment

Working...
                              X