Chevy 2500 with 6.0 experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy 2500 with 6.0 experience?

Looking at a used 2012 and would love to hear yalls opinions on them but only from those with experience please. Ive been driving a 1/2 ton with the 5.3 for years and thinking about upgrading. I know the mileage sucks but other than that how do you like or dislike yours?

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
    Looking at a used 2012 and would love to hear yalls opinions on them but only from those with experience please. Ive been driving a 1/2 ton with the 5.3 for years and thinking about upgrading. I know the mileage sucks but other than that how do you like or dislike yours?
    Just sold my 2012 2500HD with 6.0L. Also, had a 2006 2500HD with the 6.0. Never had an issue with either one, just routine maintenance. Plenty of power for my needs. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Also, look here: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=6.0L
    Last edited by WTN; 09-16-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

We've got a 2014 2500hd with the 6.0, it's been a good truck so far as far as reliability, and plenty of power to yank around our 10k trailer. But man is it a gas guzzler, and the ride if rough. My dad still has it, but I've gone to a 2017 Sierra 1500 with the 6.2. It rides so much better, and still pulls what I need it to.

Comment

i had one for about 8 months. probably my favorite truck ive ever owned. had to get rid of it due to growing family and it being a single cab. as you know, the mileage sucks. I got 12 hwy/town. and if I hooked anything (I mean a 4x8 lawn trailer up to a 40' stock trailer) up to it, it dropped to 9. but that truck would pull the devil out of hell.

Comment

BIL has a 2016 4 door shorted 4x4 with the 6.0. He has been tracking mileage since he got it and averages around 10-11 in town, and anywhere from 13-16 on the highway. I have a 2010, and get around 10 in town, and 11-13 on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a work truck with 137k lease road miles and a personal with 36k. Zero problems, except fuel mileage isn't the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 16 6.0 with 20k with the 410 gears and average about 16 highway and 13 in town.

Comment

I had an 02,and I never had an issue.My mechanic buddy said it was the best motor gm made in years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive a 2013 4x4 2500 every day at work and don't get close to the mileage y'all are reporting. If I baby it around I get 10.5-11. It's not loaded with a bunch of tools or anything. It has trouble pulling itself up a small hill without downshifting. My dad has a 01 and it's a completely different truck but still only get 13mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good strong reliable engine. Won't pass a gas station. Mine got 11 to 12 hiway and 6 and less pulling my 5th wheel. Had it 5 trouble free years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I should add, I have larger tires, and replacement bumpers on my truck. I'm not going to complain about the ride as it's a 3/4 ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                        I have a 16 6.0 with 20k with the 410 gears and average about 16 highway and 13 in town.
                        Same experience here. Bought it in December last year and total avg on mileage is 15 on 15k miles.
                        I'll drive it for 10 years at least. Great truck.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames76 View Post
                          I drive a 2013 4x4 2500 every day at work and don't get close to the mileage y'all are reporting. If I baby it around I get 10.5-11. It's not loaded with a bunch of tools or anything. It has trouble pulling itself up a small hill without downshifting. My dad has a 01 and it's a completely different truck but still only get 13mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I'm gonna agree with mjames. I have a 2012 2500hd crew with 6.0. Its a dog for pulling. Until you get into its power band about 3500-4000 rpms it suck. I had a 29' travel trailer and a 20' bass boat and it didnt like the boat and dang sure didnt like the trailer.
                          I didnt buy it for gas milage so never really checked.
                          My .02

Comment

Have one @ the lease love not having to hook up the trailer if I only need one pallet of feed
                            Mpg 13 in the Hillcounty
                            My buddy's ford 6.2 is a beast to haul/tow but rides really rough

Comment

My company truck is a 2011 6.0 & have 298,500 miles on it...got is a little over a year ago with 180k & nothing but maintenance.

I'll be upgrading soon but have to say the truck is solid...not very skippy on the giddy-up but this vintage 6.0 is solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X