No announcement yet.

Nephew put a dent in my pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just go put a bigger dent in it somewhere else and you will forget about that little one.

too bad all the hail damage guys have pretty much left town. I would imagine one of them would have been able to at least make it look much better for pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      pantless dent repair

That might be an ugly picture!

Comment

How I'd feel about it and how I'd deal with it is so age and personality dependent that I can't really give any advise. Also, whether I'd get over the damage depends on what it really looked like.

Depending on the age, I'd be tempted to teach a lesson about value of other people's stuff. Also, it would depend on the personality. If the kid needs a lesson taught, I'd teach it. If he just needed some grace, I'd give it. As far as truck are trucks... well, I get over dents and scratches I put in them a lot easier than say jackwagons in a parking lot, etc. But... my nephew aint no jackwagon at the Kroger down the street, so, I'm apt to get over it sooner rather than later.

Comment

I'd say live w/ the dent, but put the boy to work. Pulling weeds, sweeping the porch, detail the truck.... something like that. Not too bad of jobs, and I can't see your brother in law objecting. I'm sure he feels bad about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            pantless dent repair
            Awesome. Where can I get this done? Pant less dent repair would be something to see. LOL!

Comment

I am sure others suggested it, but have him help around the house the rest of summer. A dent really isn't a big deal, but learning that when you wreck something, whether on purpose or not, that you have to fix it, is an important life lesson.

OP, can we get a photo of the dent to determine if we should give you a hard time or your nephew?!?!
              Last edited by WItoTX; 08-07-2018, 07:44 AM. Reason: .

Comment

It's broke in now. You can go do truck stuff with it. I had a 2000 F150 that was exactly 1 week old when I backed into a tree at the DosXX ranch. I didn't even get out of the truck. Just turned to the guy that was with me and said,"It's broke in now."

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                  Do you have a plunger? Pull the dent out.
                  X2

Comment

2 weeks after I bought my brand new F150 Lariat, I loaded the 4 wheeler and neglected to lock the trailer onto the hitch. Put a nice gouge in the tailgate. Made me sick with no idiot to blame except the one in the mirror. I feel your pain. I haven't fixed it and its been 2 years. I guess I learned to live with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by MedikDave; 08-07-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

My 2012 F250 had brush scratches on it the day I bought it. It is a truck and is meant to get a few nicks and dings. Trucks are for working out of, not driving around looking pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        Awesome. Where can I get this done? Pant less dent repair would be something to see. LOL!
                        That depends on who is doing the repairs!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Yeah...you aren't allowed to complain about dinks in a truck!!

Now if it was your sports car?? Then you are allowed to yell at him till he cries & take the bike away for a month!!

Our youngest drug his handlebars down my ZL1 about 4 inches to the metal. Then said "hey someone scratched your car" after he got out of the garage.

Comment

Ouch... Once I opened the tailgate to dad's truck with a pair of loppers leaned up against the bumper. Put a good hole in the gate... "Oops"

Comment

Paintless dent repair. Some places will even come to you instead of you having to drop your car off.

Comment

I had my truck two weeks and my oldest threw a baseball over the fence and dented the cab behind the back door. It took the pain away from me dropping a valve on the tailgate a week later denting the tailgate. It sucks but tell him to be more careful and move on. Get it fixed or don't, it's not like it won't get you where you want to go... I used to be particular about my vehicles until the boys got older and accidents started happening. Now as long as she cranks and gets me there, all is good. Sorry for the bad luck either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X