No announcement yet.

Lineman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for a few Quanta Services companies on HV transmission (Largest Union Utilities company in the world). The have places to work world wide. Let me know if you need any pointers to the better companies under Quanta and which to stay away from.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
        PM sent

PM returned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried to respond to your PM, but it said you need to clear some space first

Comment

I worked for Dacon out of local 66 for a while, line work is hard on ya !

Comment

Offensive tackle way back.....................

Comment

Worked out of 66 about 35 years ago. Wear and tear on a body that shows up as you get older

Comment

I started 21 yrs ago at local 66 contracting i work for entergy now as a utility foreman its a great trade. But its not for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Apart from working directly for a utility there are plenty of contract line companies. A few that come to mind are T&D Solutions, Pike, Will Bros, ULCS, Irby, North Houston. T&D is the most prevalent company in the Beaumont area.

Some will hire you with no experience but if you go through a line school that will help your odds. It is hard work but all the lineman I talk to seem to really enjoy it. A good hurricane season will seriously help your pocketbook (like this year so far).

Comment

Originally posted by bigkid955 View Post
                      Worked out of 66 about 35 years ago. Wear and tear on a body that shows up as you get older

Dang seems like all you old farts got some bad knees.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                        Apart from working directly for a utility there are plenty of contract line companies. A few that come to mind are T&D Solutions, Pike, Will Bros, ULCS, Irby, North Houston. T&D is the most prevalent company in the Beaumont area.

Some will hire you with no experience but if you go through a line school that will help your odds. It is hard work but all the lineman I talk to seem to really enjoy it. A good hurricane season will seriously help your pocketbook (like this year so far).

Thank you I will look into all of those companies. But still my main issue is will they hire with a DUI on your record.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                          I worked for them for 4 years, not as a linemen. PM me if you'd like to ask any questions- simply posting 'LCRA' gives some folks over there a google alert in their inbox.

Hello
                          Haha. I worked for LCRA for a 1 year contract right outa school. Was not a bad gig

Comment

My dad did really well for himself through the years. It's hard work. I remember him coming home soaking wet from sweat every evening in the summer and he was cold in the winter. He hated to hear thunder in the middle of the night but it sure took care of us and still does to some extent. I don't know about now but he worked a lot of overtime back then.

Comment

Some companies say you must be able to obtain a class A CDL.

Comment

Your PM box is full. However, I had a friend who is a lineman for a worldwide contractor say "we wouldn't have any linemen if we didn't allow dui's".

You will be fine

Comment

Working...
                                X