First air rifle deer hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I wonder if that’s the first deer ever killed in the State of Texas with an air rifle (legally anyway)?
    Nope, first deer in the state was taken on the first day of bow season down south on a MLD hunt. The hunter has a show on YouTube called “ Adventures Afield “.

Very nice guy that has helped me some when I got my Texan SS.

Comment

Man I see another addiction forming....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in, as soon as I can find the Texas SS...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work on the doe OP!

Edit: here's a nice little whitetail air rifle hunting video from TP&W, before it was legalized.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-24-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

That's cool. I have wanted to hunt medium to large game with a air rifle for many years, but figured no company or very few companies would build modern high power medium and large bore air rifles, like what used to exist hundreds of years ago. Then definitely never would have guessed it would be legal to hunt deer and other large game with them in Texas.
            I saw that Texas Parks and Wildlife had made it legal to hunt deer with air rifles, but then a while back I saw where someone posted something saying that Texas had back pedaled on the idea and decided not to allow air rifles for large game animals.
            I have been watching videos and reading about the modern air precharged air rifles for the past three or four years. I thought about getting one, more so, if they were legal for whitetail. I was really seriously considering getting one for this season, if I could come up with the money, but then read they were not going to be legal for deer.
            Since it seems to be legal now, I am getting one.

Comment

Nice kill. So what was the damage like? Where did the round hit from what angle and did it exit?

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations on your harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    You might check the regulations before you hunt. Regs say compressed air only on WT deer. Self incriminating
                    What do you think compressed air is?
                    Last edited by shwacker1911; 11-24-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I would think its compressed air if your hand pumping or filling it w a cylinder, your either compressing air by hand by pumping or going easy and using a tank. Even a co2 cartridge is compressed air. I would think that's why they're called a air gun?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Nice kill. So what was the damage like? Where did the round hit from what angle and did it exit?

She was standing slightly quartered away from me, entered just behind the shoulder facing me and lodged in the opposite shoulder, no exit wound... not much of a blood trail at all, but I was expecting that and that’s another reason for this blinds location. The San Antonio river is to my back and any direction a deer runs it has to go through a minimum of 75 yards of cotton field to get to any kind of heavy brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          You might check the regulations before you hunt. Regs say compressed air only on WT deer. Self incriminating

I was totally legal.. but thanks for your concern

Comment

That’s pretty cool congrats.
                            Excuse my ignorance here but, do these guns have tanks? Like you can just chamber another projectile and shoot again?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                              That’s pretty cool congrats.
                              Excuse my ignorance here but, do these guns have tanks? Like you can just chamber another projectile and shoot again?

Yes sir.. different guns have different sized tanks, this gun has a pretty small air cylinder, I can get about 4 shots before the pressure drops enough to be noticeable

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Chaney View Post
                                Yes sir.. different guns have different sized tanks, this gun has a pretty small air cylinder, I can get about 4 shots before the pressure drops enough to be noticeable

Thanks

Congrats again.

Comment

Working...
                                X