Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tripod+pop up= awesomeness... But need help with ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod+pop up= awesomeness... But need help with ideas.

I need an idea on how to attach a pop up to the top of a tripod for the bow hunting set up. Trying to have the best of both worlds!!! Thinking of getting a huge base to tie the pop up to... But thinking of adding an extra leg to keep it from being top heavy! Any body done this?

I would add a large piece of wood to the top level and put in some eye bolts to tie the legs down.

Comment

It's in one of the old DIY post I think I know I saw it a few days ago.

Comment

seems to me like you wold be better off just building a raised platform from 1.5" square tubing. That way you can move around inside the blind and not be tied to the seat.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Metal Spool.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	24064852
          PERFECT! Coach W you're a genius!
          I've been waiting for the right idea to use this beast I built, and I think I've just found it - Set a pop-up right smack on top of it and zip-tie that baby down...

Click image for larger version

Name:	TBH Spool Tripod.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	24064851

Comment

Originally posted by jmangrem View Post
            [ATTACH]328584[/ATTACH]
            I've been waiting for the right idea to use this beast I built, and I think I've just found it - Set a pop-up right smack on top of it and zip-tie that baby down...

[ATTACH]328582[/ATTACH]
            Now there is a good idea... I think I know where an old metal spool is laying around at... Gonna have to do some bartering to get it but that's a GREAT IDEA!!!

Oh and thanks for the genius remark, my wife got a kick out of that "they don't know you very well"

Comment

that is so cool and useful

Comment

Contact Dale Moser. He built a frame for one a couple years ago and covered it with burlap. The basic idea on the bottom would be perfect for what you're wanting to do.

Comment

I had this idea in the past but never followed through with it. Post some pictures when you get a final product. I may have to adapt your methods. Out here in West Texas we have to make our own trees! haha!

Comment

Ain't that the truth! Its going here... If I ever find a base to build it out of... Still in the "finding free materials" stage.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Could you just take 2 long 2x4's and build an X under your tripod floor, attach each corner to the end of a 2x4? Use U-bolts to bold the X to your floor. The way I picture it in my head, you would still be able to climb the ladder in that case. Most of my tripods have welded wire or expanded metal floors under the chairs. The biggest concern would be the wind knocking down the popup.
                      Just a cheap'o college budget idea, for what it is worth.

Comment

How do you climb into this tripod? I don't see a ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by KRF View Post
                          Could you just take 2 long 2x4's and build an X under your tripod floor, attach each corner to the end of a 2x4? Use U-bolts to bold the X to your floor. The way I picture it in my head, you would still be able to climb the ladder in that case. Most of my tripods have welded wire or expanded metal floors under the chairs. The biggest concern would be the wind knocking down the popup.
                          Just a cheap'o college budget idea, for what it is worth.
                          Thats a good idea... I think Im more leaning toward an elevated platform (built out of free pallets) then just tie your pop up down on it... not exactly sure what Im gonna do yet... Still trying to find free project materials...

Comment

didn't I see somewher in another thread where someone had an offset platform on top of a tripod that they put their pop up on?

Comment

Originally posted by jmangrem View Post
                              [ATTACH]328584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]328582[/ATTACH]
                              How do you get on this thing? I know where someone could get some of these for .15 cents per pound.

Comment

Working...
                              X