Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Comment

Had been hunting southern tip, now in a southwest corner, pic is backward view from feeder to blind
      Attached Files

Comment

Another nice looking set-up. Hopefully you will see some spots or pork tonight. Good luck!

Comment

Really tall and wide forkhorn and bunch of does at feeder, but nothing exotic. 20 more minutes and this hunt is over for me...have to work tomorrow

Comment

I'm hoping you get a last minute surprise...good luck...

Comment

are you hunting aoudad?

Comment

Originally posted by southtxbowhunt View Post
                are you hunting aoudad?

I can guarantee there is no aoudad there

Comment

Originally posted by southtxbowhunt View Post
                  are you hunting aoudad?
                  No aoudad. Axis and hogs only exotics. The other hunter and I saw neither. It was their first attempt at this hunt, I think opportunity will improve over time as they experiment with different stand locations and maybe move farther into interior and closer to water

Thanks to all the well wishers, and those who followed along

Comment

I'm glad you got to see some game, wish you could have got something. Maybe they will have a whitetail hunt next year.

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
                      I'm glad you got to see some game, wish you could have got something. Maybe they will have a whitetail hunt next year.
                      Hunt will be the same for next draw, although they plan to move the blinds to better positions. The biologist, said look for whitetail to add on in 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                        If any exotics have ever been seen on any state hunts and the Hunt Area manager allows the taking of them, they will be listed, may not be in great numbers and if any, even one was seen, it will state that they are in limited numbers. Same as some draw hunts with feral hogs being in limited numbers due to terrain, region, numbers seen. If they wouldn't list exotics at all and they are seen, then that opportunity for harvest is not available and TPWD wants to offer all opportunities for harvest of species for that Hunt Area. TPWD is not going to misrepresent what is allowed on the area for any reason.
                        Its listed in the archery exotics section for the draw hunts.......not hog hunting....not whitetails....with a chance at exotics..... So yes they are misrepresenting it big time by calling it an exotic hunt and collecting peoples money for an area that holds almost no exotics. I would be upset if I drove across Texas cause I drew that area when I know there is a very small and almost non existent chance of getting an axis deer or other exotic.

Comment

Working...
                        X