250 grain broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250 grain broadheads

I'm looking to try some new broadheads. Looks like a 250 grain head is where I want to be. I don't want to replace my standard inserts. My search has only found 3 makes
    Abowyer, VPA, and Cut throat. All 3 are about the same money. Are there any other makers I haven't found? Which of the 3 are best? I'm leaning to cutthroats.

Grizzly Stix / Alaskan Archery make a wide variety of heavy heads. Steel force also has a few options.

I'm about to order a set of 200gr Samaria heads from Alaskan Archery myself.

Abowyer makes a really good head IMO to answer your other question.

Comment

German kinetics makes one, they are expensive though. But great heads. I believe Simmons makes a 250 gr. head. But would have no problem using the VPA.
      Last edited by critter69; 08-13-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Check out Iron wills new heads. I believe they just came out with 210gn heads, might be light for you, not familiar with traditional broadheads. I just got their 100g's and they are beautiful

Comment

If I'm reading the info correct. The cut throat is a solid steel 1 pc machined head no welds or ferrules.

Comment

You have lots of options if you are willing to buy glue on heads and broad head adapters. You can manage a bunch of weight configurations just by using a different adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              You have lots of options if you are willing to buy glue on heads and broad head adapters. You can manage a bunch of weight configurations just by using a different adapter.
              This may be my best option.... I'm really wanting to use a Zwickey but 170 is as heavy as they come. I'll look into this a little more.

Comment

Check out Tuffheads.

Comment

Any 150 grain glue on head with a steel 100 grain adapter will give you plenty of choices. Even 125 grain heads with 125 grain steel adapters.

Comment

Working...
                  X