Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife Totaled her car. Have some options need suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife Totaled her car. Have some options need suggestions.

Momma hit a deer and they totaled her car. We were hoping to get by another 12 months with it and buy her something much newer next christmas. We are getting about 4 k for it so we are not hoping to spend much over that to get us by until I can get her something new. We are trying to get bills paid off and really not wanting a payment. I have found 3 vehicles so far so if yall dont mind throwing your opinions on them that would be great.

1999 Suburban pretty clean no major dint or dings. Nothing fancy inside. Electric but cloth etc. 102 k on it asking 3500

2001 Suburban 4x4. all Leather, Grill Guard, sunroof, dvd etc. Couple minor dents in lower rear fenders easily fixed. Seats are in decent shape but going to cover them anyway. Paint on dash is doing the usual peeling in a couple spots. 185 k asking 3500

2006 Ford Expedition 4x4. Extremely clean, cloth seats, one owner who I know, Recently had radiator and tray flushed. New Belt, new brakes and Goodyear MTS all within the last 3 months. Asking 9000 would finance about 6k so we can get a few things like seat covers etc.

Not sure which way to go. Really only need it to survive about 14 months. Only thing I would do is probally keep what ever we get that is 4x4 as a weekend runner hunting.

Any ideas or issues yall may have had with these vehicles would be nice to hear.

Personally, would look for a 4runner with over 150,000 miles...not sure the market on them?

Comment

whatever you find, put a grill guard or ranch hand bumper on it. The outcome will be much better if this happens again

Comment

Is there no way to keep repair the totaled vehicle and just drive it for another year?
        As far as the selection above I think any of them should last another year. 102 k is nothing these days so I might lean toward that one myself

Comment

I like they 4 runner but I want something I can work on and fix if things break and won't cost 2x as much for parts.

Comment

Going for 1 year..the 1999

Comment

I would go with the 01 burb over the 99. Big changes between those years. I have an 04 burb with the same drivetrain as the 01. I have 175k on it and have not had any real problems. I have a buddy with 300k on his comparable truck as well. You will need to maintain and fix things im sure, but there are literally TONS of cheap used parts for that truck.

The Ford is not really comparable as its much newer and pricier. Its up to you to finance a newer truck or buy an older truck outright. Im a gambling man, so I would buy the 01 burb.

Comment

Repairing the buick would be useless. It needs hood headlight all busted up. Fender crinkled and front bumper. Think she messed up suspension on drivers side and the transmission was already starting to act up so it was kind of a blessing in disguise

Blood that is the plan. Her Rendezvous would have looked funny pimping a ranch hand though.

Comment

I had a 99 burban and put well over 200k on it with no real problems. It was a great vehicle.

Comment

Find her an older accord, those things just keep on going. A 4runner is also a great buy in a older car. Putting 300K + on either of those two is nothing.

Comment

Car is not an option.

Comment

Any other opinions

Comment

Miles on Ford?

Comment

I'd look at a grand Cherokee or wrangler with the inline 6 engine. It will probably outlive you.

Comment

I've got an '02 Chevy pickup that's pushing 300k. Only thing I've done to it is a wheel bearing and brake pads, so I'd say the 01, its still got plenty of life left.

Comment

Working...
                              X