Offshore Tomorrow - WAHOO & TUNA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RACK View Post
    I stole your bunk this go Burny , it kind of still smelled like old people but I overcame it with a cheap Christmas tree air freshener from Valero hahaha ... I tried to bring fried chicken to keep the mojo up but ran out of time driving down due to captains early sail orders. We missed you and talked a lot of chit about touching cotton and pinching one off. We will see ya on the snapper trip amigo

I believe the key word was Crowning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      I believe the key word was Crowning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and Timmy are going to meet up later today and try to figure out what happened to the deep drop light. My guess is a sword hit the light instead of the bait and broke it, then lost interest.

Comment

When is Rob going to start posting some good pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

The family and I just had a late breakfast with him. He’s got a lot of pics to process. I imagine we will see some soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wicked looking mako!!! Congrats guys!!

Comment

Still have fish to process - going non-stop literally. Smoking a Kingfish and Tuna with Apple as I type this. Finished up tuna Poke - using Glen's recipe this evening. Mako steaks on Apple smoke and grilled, a bit of Wahoo sushi with vacuum sealing both along with canning all the tuna tomorrow. LOL! This is sick, absolutely sick!

Enjoyed the breakfast in Fredericksburg today Sparkles!

America's Family - THE SPARKLES!!!

Comment

We don't want a picture of Sparkles. We want fish pictures! LOL

Was reeling in the Mako a team effort?

Comment

We had an awesome trip - we always do sailing with Cap'n Timmy! Everyone scored a wahoo, sharing the love on deck using gear, most don't typically fish with. It does improve the hook-up to boxed ratio greatly.

Saturday, I hooked 4 wahoo. Lost one with a massive shark attack on top. The other, was gut hooked, a big SOB. After a smoking run, I felt a solid and heavy Wahoo. Stayed hooked up enough to get Cap'n Timmy wound up to get that fish to the boat. It was for not........it bit through my wind-on Flourocarbon topshot after swallowing about 3 ft of steel and an Islander/Ballyhook combo. This particular setup was front loaded with trolling lead and trolled well aft.

Broke the ice with the first wahoo on the deck. I just recently built a wahoo specific custom rod with a new 30 wide class Avet - first fish, a solid wahoo! Got to love that!!!!

So here we go......

Comment

Mike Halco on his 12.5ft Mako. Accurate 80 reel on a custom 130 class standup stick. Half a blackfin tuna for bait - slammed on the stern and stayed literally back there till "The Mongoloid" (slug shotgun), and gaffs, made the kill.

One hell of a way to kick off a fishing trip. We were hammering blackfin tuna near a rig when the Mako hit. We decked the Mako and proceeded to our day of trolling for wahoo.

In spite of taking a well aimed 12 gauge slug, this Mako was not down for the count. So a deep heart stab was conducted to seal the deal on deck.

Comment

Cap'n Timmy picked up the rod, when the Mako hit, hammered the hook home and Mike took over from there till the Mako was decked.

Comment

Glen left and Jonathan right, stare on after, hands on deck, evolution to safely deck this beast.

Just a few years ago, this Mako, would have been a Texas State record.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-19-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Mike left with the Accurate 80 and deckhand Jesse right. Jesse fished the San Diego long range fleet for tuna and wahoo off Baja, back in his California days.

Comment

Captain Timmy

Comment

Working...
                                X