• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to a good one in Des Moines.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      Yes more like a Cabela’s/Academy

I don’t for see them doing well here. It would be nice if they had a full western hunting and boot section like they do up north but I don’t see that happening
      I'd compare them to cabelas. I was actually at one today! I think they'll do fine, they do an excellent job of catering to the market. Some of the more urban locations are all shoes, clothing, etc, but if there is a market they have more guns then most of the cabelas I've been in.
      Originally posted by Sika View Post
      I guess some are different. I don't recall the one I went to having a big gun department. And they had a lot of team sports equipment and casual wear like D*cks.
      The D*cks in Cedar Park has huge gun and archery departments.
      Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
      Having more options is always a good thing.

Due to proximity to other pro shops, I don’t see them having any of the larger pro shop-only bow brands.
      The few I've been in carry bowtech, pse, Matthew's, Hoyt, elite, bear, and even a few xpedition.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
        If Scheels catches on down here, Academy better watch out.

I don’t know, academy has pretty tight strong hold on the discounted youth sportswear.

I call them a Cabela’s/academy because they carry sportswear I just don’t see them beating academy at a game Walmart can’t even compete at.

Comment

The one in Omaha I went to was pretty nice. Lots of sporting goods, but tons of guns, bows, and outdoor supplies. Had some really good sales on lock-on stands at the time as well.

Comment

I’ve only been to the one in Salt Lake City a few times. I’ve scored some AMAZING deals on clearance. Under Amour long sleeve fishing shirts for $10-12 that are normally $69-75, and quite a few others. Just can’t remember off the top of my head. Definitely more sport oriented than fishing and hunting, but a great store none the less.

Comment

Went to one up in Great Falls montana a couple years ago.
              Was amazing. Tons of guns out and you could handle them. Great boots and hunting gear. All at pretty competitive pricing. Really helpful and knowledgeable staff. Wish they were putting one closer to Austin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X