• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    I told my wife last night, while listening to the booos,
    "That was political suicide.His political career just crashed and burned"
    All with a little smirk on his face.
    So what Democrat is gonna beat him? I doubt any GOP challenger will beat him in the primaries.

I'll gladly vote for him. He's provided the dysfunction in the Senate I like.

For the record, while he has wayyyyy closer to being a constitutional candidate versus Trump, I'm not convinced he's close enough.

Comment

Cruz didn't sell out his country nor his family. He manned up last night. Not a fan of him but he's not weak. Id stand up for my family to. you know your wife and kids could just call you the p word anytime they choose if you gave in. Time to move on to things that matter.

Comment

Given the chance to vote between Trump and Cruz, I'll vote for Cruz 10 out of 10 times. I have never been a Trump supporter and continue to doubt his intentions. I will be forced once again to hold my nose this fall. It took me quite a while to convince myself that I will vote for the R party this time out even though that is all I have done my entire voting life. To say I'm content with our nominee would be an overstatement. I simply do not see the guy Trump supporters do. Maybe Cruz should not have spoken last night, but he did what his record has always reflected. Stood behind his convictions. Would Cruz be a great POTUS? I don't know. He is still a politician whom I differ with on some things, but I would have like those odds (given a proven track record) more than the odds I have been presented.

Trump was able to rile up supporters whom I believe would otherwise stay home. Good on him for that. Unfortunately, at the same time he push away some R and I that may typically vote R to potentially consider other options. That is what may hurt him in the end. Only time will tell. I personally still think Trump thinks this is a popularity contest and will not have a clue how to lead this Country should he win. I know, I know..."He will surround himself with GREAT people." And I believe you, however, he can't seem to keep his mouth closed and listen to those GREAT people around him.

I do believe that he a no brainer between what we have left. Mainly given the seats that will be filled on the Supreme Court. After that, I wonder if he will hurt the future of the R party and our country with his presidency more than he will help it.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. The man stuck to his guns. He endorsed the party and didn't start leg humping Trump like other opponents did.

Comment

Great strategy on Trumps part. First the wife's plagarized speech. Then the sons waterboarding speech. Now Cruz's non endorsement speech. MSM yakking it up and Trump is getting free publicity. Even bad publicity is good publicity. He's good at marketing and manipulating the MSM.

Comment

Reminds me of the lil kid that got mad took his ball and went home.

Comment

Comment

One thing for sure, they can't call Cruz a boot licker. He has established himself as anti-establishment without a doubt.

Top it off, Trump says he read the speech 2 hours before Cruz hit the stage and he knew there would not be an endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    One thing for sure, they can't call Cruz a boot licker. He has established himself as anti-establishment without a doubt.

Top it off, Trump says he read the speech 2 hours before Cruz hit the stage and he knew there would not be an endorsement.
                    Yep. But the hoodwinking continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      But some gave Cruz a big pat on the back, and even Hillary Clinton, Trump's rival, weighed in:

Mad respect for @tedcruz. Once again he spoke clearly with conviction when others cowered or capitulated. That is leadership. #RNCinCLE

(Pretty sad if Hillary is loving Ted for it.)
                      Political suicide at its finest.
                      I have been a Cruz guy from day one. Now im just seriously disappointed in him. What is clear here is that Cruz wants Hillary to win so he can beat her in 2020. If Trump wins, Cruz has no chance in 20/20.

While his logic is correct, American cant stand 4 years of Hillary. Cruz just put his own political agenda ahead of whats best for America. He went back on his word and Ill never support him again. What a shame......he could have been the best we had.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        Given the chance to vote between Trump and Cruz, I'll vote for Cruz 10 out of 10 times. I have never been a Trump supporter and continue to doubt his intentions. I will be forced once again to hold my nose this fall. It took me quite a while to convince myself that I will vote for the R party this time out even though that is all I have done my entire voting life. To say I'm content with our nominee would be an overstatement. I simply do not see the guy Trump supporters do. Maybe Cruz should not have spoken last night, but he did what his record has always reflected. Stood behind his convictions. Would Cruz be a great POTUS? I don't know. He is still a politician whom I differ with on some things, but I would have like those odds (given a proven track record) more than the odds I have been presented.

Trump was able to rile up supporters whom I believe would otherwise stay home. Good on him for that. Unfortunately, at the same time he push away some R and I that may typically vote R to potentially consider other options. That is what may hurt him in the end. Only time will tell. I personally still think Trump thinks this is a popularity contest and will not have a clue how to lead this Country should he win. I know, I know..."He will surround himself with GREAT people." And I believe you, however, he can't seem to keep his mouth closed and listen to those GREAT people around him.

I do believe that he a no brainer between what we have left. Mainly given the seats that will be filled on the Supreme Court. After that, I wonder if he will hurt the future of the R party and our country with his presidency more than he will help it.
                        Chad e, I think we feel almost the same way. Problem is, its not Cruz/trump anymore. Its trump Hillary and there is only one choice yet Cruz picked the opposite direction after giving his word. Im done with him.

Comment

Trumps past speaks for itself.
                          his multiple bankruptcies. His shady business dealing in using the system that he now rails against.

His less than legal means of doing business and the way he uses lawsuits to bully people.

I voted for Ted Cruz and am glad to see that I was spot on. If he had cratered and fell in line with the GOP machine I would have been disappointed.

I won't endorse Trump and am glad the candidate I voted for wont either....just shows me how much in the minority true conservatism is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post

yep

It's by design and Trump is playing to lose. Trump knew exactly what Ted was going to say. It's a slow political death by a thousand tiny cuts from mocking the disabled to insulting a prisoner of war. Trump can't wait to get on his next book tour while being praised as the guy who could have saved America.

Comment

I'm sorry, maybe I missed it but didn't Cruz say awhile back that he will endorse whoever the Rupublican nominee might be? Or did I hear that wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                I'm sorry, maybe I missed it but didn't Cruz say awhile back that he will endorse whoever the Rupublican nominee might be? Or did I hear that wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, he took a line from Hillary and lied. Lost respect for him.
                                I cannot imagine not voting and letting Hillary win. Makes no sense
                                To me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X