• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    People saying Cruz is a low life, or slimy or whatever:
    What are you basing that on?
    I normally steer clear of these political discussions but here go my $ .02

The fact that he is a politician makes him the perfect candidate for a low life. Politicians spew out what ever crap they feel will help them win and or be re-elected. I can't understand how anyone really believes that Ted Cruz or anyone else is in politics for the love of America.

Being a lawyer who argued cases involving the Supreme Court he knows perfectly well that the next president will tip the balance of the Supreme Court in a way that could decimate our beloved America. Knowing that a devided Republican Party has little chance of winning he goes out and adds fuel to the fire for what he believes gives him a clear path to win the presidency in 2020 instead of what is best for the country. Enough said!
    Last edited by Pedernal; 07-21-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

But some gave Cruz a big pat on the back, and even Hillary Clinton, Trump's rival, weighed in:

Mad respect for @tedcruz. Once again he spoke clearly with conviction when others cowered or capitulated. That is leadership. #RNCinCLE

(Pretty sad if Hillary is loving Ted for it.)
      Political suicide at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        I base it on the lies he told on Dr Carson, the deal he cut with Kasich to not camapign in certain states to try and block Trump, "pretty sad not believing he was good enough to win on his own", and the back stabbing stunt he pulled tonight. It has been stated for quiet some time how his own party could not stand him. Now I see why.

He wanted to be famous? He found a way of getting there. But, probably not in a very good way.
        I understand the thing with Carson. That was wrong of Cruz and a bad move. He also apologized for it.
        Teaming with Kasich was a strategy.
        It didn't work, but it doesn't warrant "sleaze" or "scumbag" or whatever.
        As far as the no-endorse, Trump attacked Cruz's family. Trump shouldn't have expected an endorsement.
        Attacking his family (without a shred of facts) is scumbag procedure.
        Something a democrat does.
        Yes, Cruz should have declined to speak at the convention, but if he had endorsed Trump, I would have been disappointed.

Comment

But some gave Cruz a big pat on the back, and even Hillary Clinton, Trump's rival, weighed in:

Mad respect for @tedcruz. Once again he spoke clearly with conviction when others cowered or capitulated. That is leadership. #RNCinCLE

(Pretty sad if Hillary is loving Ted for it.)
          Political suicide at its finest.
          Cruz can hardly control or take blame for the action of Clinton.

Comment

It has been stated for quiet some time how his own party could not stand him.
            Weasels like Boener and McConnell don't like him because he wouldn't/won't go along with their giving obama just about everything he wanted, legislatively.
            I applaud Cruz for that.

Comment

I applaud Cruz - Giving your word, and having someone then go and PERSONALLY attack your Family and beliefs. Cruz made a stand when he needed to.

I was never a big Cruz fan, but to unify behind Donald Trump is a joke. "Republican" party deserves everything it gets.

Comment

The more I think about it the more that I realize Cruz did Trump a favor. It showed people that Trump was right about him all along. And, many voters that were still deep down wishing that Cruz had won were able to see a very sore loser. He may have put a nail in that political coffin. He certainly damaged his reputation. He may not even be able to get a job reading those fairy tales he was supposedly so good at in the near future.

Comment

Last night Ted Cruz again showed me that my perception of him was spot on... He's that kid we all know who couldn't take the teasing of other kids on the school yard; didn't have the guts to fight back face to face and grew up wanting to get even...

During the primaries he kissed Trumps butt, drafting in Trump's slipstream until it was time to try a slingshot pass... Then when Trump dropped down and cut him off he went on the offensive and half-assed challenged Trump...

But like in the schoolyard Cruz was "that boy" and couldn't handle a fist to fist, boot to boot fight and ran off...

Schoolyard, barroom or political arena if you can't win at least take your licking like a man.... don't run off and try to steal the day with underhanded, under the table and backroom maneuvering...

Comment

I supported Cruz, I am very disappointed in him. He will not get my vote next time he's up for re-election. Very disappointed...

Comment

Cruz, a politician who stands by his convictions, nice. I like him even more than I did. I wish he would have won, and like that he gave a speech that was not "toe the party line" but instead "stand for the Constitution. "

All that being said, I will more that likely be voting for Trump, as I see no other viable alternative to Clinton.

Comment

The more I think about it the more that I realize Cruz did Trump a favor. It showed people that Trump was right about him all along. And, many voters that were still deep down wishing that Cruz had won were able to see a very sore loser. He may have put a nail in that political coffin. He certainly damaged his reputation. He may not even be able to get a job reading those fairy tales he was supposedly so good at in the near future.
                        Lyin Ted! Well that seems to be true. It's about America not his feelings. The joke in dc about him must be true. "Why do people take such a instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time".

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          Cruz proved to be an absolute loser during the primaries. He just confirmed it this evening. A disgraceful slug of a person.
                          Yep. Spoiled rotten cry baby.... He proved that he really doesn't have this countries best interest in mind last night... "vote up and down the card" he says..
                          What a idiot..

Comment

My conscience is telling me to never vote for that lying hypocrite ever again

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              I applaud Cruz - Giving your word, and having someone then go and PERSONALLY attack your Family and beliefs. Cruz made a stand when he needed to.

I was never a big Cruz fan, but to unify behind Donald Trump is a joke. "Republican" party deserves everything it gets.
                              He gave his word that he wasn't going to pullout of the race too. I guess you forgot that promise.. LOL

Poor donors..

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse View Post
                                My conscience is telling me to never vote for that lying hypocrite ever again
                                I told my wife last night, while listening to the booos,
                                "That was political suicide.His political career just crashed and burned"
                                All with a little smirk on his face.

Comment

Working...
                                X