Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruz didn't endorse Trump.

Mike Huckabee's statement.

The question of the night was whether Ted Cruz would honor his word and support the nominee or earn the moniker “Lyin Ted” given to him by the man who won. The question was whether Cruz would make his speech about HIS future or the future of the country. And that question was answered when Ted Cruz chose to not keep his word that he (along with me and every other GOP candidate) gave one year ago in that very arena where tonight he put his own ambitions above country.

Donald Trump did something no previous nominee has done—he allowed Ted Cruz to speak without his promising to support the nominee. I’ve spoken at every convention since 1992, and I can attest to the fact that no one got near that stage without supporting the nominee. Trump trusted Ted and was rewarded with a betrayal, but the delegates in that arena booed Cruz off the stage and out of Cleveland.

I’m certain that many of you will react harshly and angrily to my words. So be it. But when a person gives his word, he should keep it. When a person is treated with generosity to give a speech, he should either respond with respect or graciously decline. And when a person loses, he should accept the will of the voters and then offer support to the victor of the primary to defeat the anti-gun, pro-abortion, incompetent, dishonest, and dishonorable nominee of the Democrat party.

So fire away with your comments, Facebook Friends. But from where I sit, I didn’t see a statesman step forth for the country’s future. I saw a self-absorbed politician grab the microphone and try to line up his own future. Ted walked in tall and walked out small.

Honestly he should have either endorsed him or stayed away. The speech just didn't play well in the room. That would have been a pretty darn good speech...for tomorrow night. But he didn't get to tomorrow night. Either endorse or stay away.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Bottom line, if republicans do not unite and get behind Trump, might as well hand presidency over to Killary. We are so screwed...... I hope to god that we are not, but, that's the way its headed. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I was a Cruz supporter...but I don't disagree with you one bit. Not his finest moment...in a time where some sort of unity, from the ones supposed to be on the same side, is sorely needed.

Comment

Ted did more damage to himself tonight.
          I just replied back to his support me for senate email that I'm done contributing to him.

Comment

link to speech?

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
              Honestly he should have either endorsed him or stayed away. The speech just didn't play well in the room. That would have been a pretty darn good speech...for tomorrow night. But he didn't get to tomorrow night. Either endorse or stay away.

Agreed.

Comment

I put him in the same boat with Kasich. This will come back to haunt him a lot more than it will hurt Trump.

I am glad a lot of people were able to see the real Ted.

Huckabee is 100% accurate!! He nailed it.
                Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-20-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

He should have followed in Regan's foot steps. When he lost to Ford he spoke and endorsed him.

Comment

Petty, that is all I've got. Should have had the stones to stay at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                      Petty, that is all I've got. Should have had the stones to stay at the house.
                      Is it petty after all that trump said about him? I don't think it's petty to not endorse trump, but I think it was a political miscalculation to show up and not endorse him when Cruz should have stayed home. I think that would have taken more courage.

Edit. Never mind I didn't see the seconds sentence in your post lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                        He should have followed in Regan's foot steps. When he lost to Ford he spoke and endorsed him.
                        Given the amount of garbage Trump through out at Cruz...at his wife, father, etc... I really don't blame him one bit. It's one thing to mock a guy's policy's, his voting record, etc, but to make the vile statements about his wife and his father, was in my opinion shameful and not worthy of redemption, no matter how many votes Trump racked up.

Comment

Cruz proved to be an absolute loser during the primaries. He just confirmed it this evening. A disgraceful slug of a person.

Comment

This is likely going to be a very close election and I just don't get the Cruz, Kasich, others and what they are doing. I don't buy the "conscience" thing - they all have multiple examples of putting politics over conscience.

So what it is? Are they so selfish that they want an opportunity to run in 2020 and know their only chance is if there is a Democratic incumbent? Or is it a broader establishment fear that Trump might attract so many moderates and independents that it moves the party toward the middle? Or something else altogether? It just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                              There are differing views on Reagan/Ford.
                              I don't know enough about it to say one way or the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X