Did Melania plagerize Michelle Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Melania plagerize Michelle Obama?

Is Melania's English good enough to write a speech on her own?
    I know Michelle Obama went to Harvard Law and worked as a Top Flight lawyer for some years so I surmise she can string a few coherent sentences together without help from a team of speech writers.

This is getting interesting...

Last person I would want to copy would be any Obama period.

Comment

Does she still have her paperwork that says she is a lawyer?

Comment

Oh crap, the media is pouncing on this , this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by overcomer401965 View Post
          Does she still have her paperwork that says she is a lawyer?
          Are you serious?

So the "liberals" made up this whole thing about her going to Princeton undergrad and then Harvard Law in 1988?

Who went to Harvard Law 1986 - 1988?
          Those are her classmates.
          Have they all been silenced?

What are Melania's scholarly accolades?
          What are Melania's job qualifications outside of Sports Illustrated or Victoria's Secret catalog covers?

Talk about her being a lobbyist for Wal-Mart (which she was) not about trumped up arguments that she's not a (very intelligent) lawyer.
          I consider myself above average in booksmarts but I'd put Michelle Obama a couple levels above myself.

Comment

The media is presenting it like she used word for word. Typical media spin. She used a few of the same general words to get a point across and they are making it seem like her whole speech was copied.

Her handlers and speech writers certainly should have caught or noticed the issue. Especially since she is not a skilled or professional speaker.

There were some great speeches last night. Gen Flynn, Sessions, Giuliani, Sheriff Clarke, etc.
            Not much being said about those. But, should be.

A writer or writers will probably be fired in the near future.
            Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-19-2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
              Oh crap, the media is pouncing on this , this morning!
              Yeah it's everywhere.
              But it will get brushed under the rug.

I don't know a more accomplished FLOTUS than Michelle Obama.
              Hillary was pretty accomplished as well.
              Melania?
              Laura Bush?
              Barbara Bush?
              Nancy Reagan?
              Pat Nixon?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                The media is presenting it like she used word for word. Typical media spin. She used a few of the same general words to get a point across and they are making it seem like her whole speech was copied.

Her handlers and speech writers certainly should have caught or noticed the issue. Especially since she is not a skilled or professional speaker.

There were some great speeches last night. Gen Flynn, Sessions, Giuliani, Sheriff Clarke, etc.

You're bending the rules.
                That's what palgerism is.
                If you're not an academic you wouldn't get it.
                You don't go on the stage in front of MILLIONS of ppl and "borrow" one or two lines from a person in your SHORT fifteen minute speech.

Not just that, you don't try to present it as if you wrote it yourself when your "handlers" wrote 99% of it.
                Maybe Melania only contributed "Hello." and "Thank You."

I mean a few lines were 100% WORD FOR WORD

If you back that, you have no moral compass.
                I was in academia for a while, and if you "borrowed" even ONE LINE from another person's work you need to cite them and give them credit.
                Melania did not do that here.

Comment

Wait, are you saying Michelle Obama is better than Melania at some (intellectual) things?
                  Do you think Michelle Obama wrote her own speech?
                  Do you think Michelle Obama is CAPABLE of writing her own speech that she will give in front of the DNC or.....AMERICA?

Comment

just a few words, huh???
                    you call those sentences "general"?
                    You're so full of it.
                    What kinda coincidence is that?

Are you serious?

Comment

At this point, what difference does it make?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        You don't go on the stage in front of MILLIONS of ppl and "borrow" one or two lines from a person in your SHORT fifteen minute speech.
                        So it has too be much much much worse when say a POTUS does it.

Barack Obama's Wisconsin speech from 2/17/08That speech contained language similarto Deval Patrick's 2006 speech called "Just Words".See Part II here:http://...

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          At this point, what difference does it make?
                          LOL
                          OK do you know plagerism is THEFT in the academic world.
                          Do you know you can be expelled from every college university in this great nation for doing what Melania did?

If the roles were reversed I could only imagine what TBH would say.

Comment

Dang, I missed it. I can't believe she got up on a national stage and said, "For the first time in my life, I'm proud of my country.".

Oh, wait.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              So it has too be much much much worse when say a POTUS does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x...ature=youtu.be
                              Way to divert the issue. Yes she plagiarized.

Comment

Working...
                              X