The Republican Convention...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Republican Convention...

I normally don't keep up with this but man have there been some highs & lows for far...

The anti Trump deal was painful...Marcus Luttrell & The mom of the fellow who perished in Benghazi simply hammered Hillary & is a must see!! Very emotional & simply disgusting to hear. How anyone could vote for her is icky.

Been interesting............I gotta hear what Melania was told to say!! Thank goodness there has been a lot of teleprompters, or this would be non stop until 2 am.

Comment

I wonder how many delegates are playing Pokémon go in there

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought Willie Robertson was strong out of the gate, but then ... Scott Baio? Was he in town for the Nick at Nite Awards?

Comment

Rudy Giuliani killed it

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse View Post
            Rudy Giuliani killed it
            I agree!

Comment

The last GOP convention had Clint Eastwood, this one had Scott Baio. I guess I should watch but I can't bring myself to do it - makes me physically ill to even think about it. i have withdrawn from the field of battle for the first time since I became eligible to vote 40 years ago. The voters are going to get what they deserve in November and they are going to get it good and hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Been interesting............I gotta hear what Melania was told to say!! .
                Her eyes are intoxicating...even the wife complimented on them.

Gotta wonder if she was game for something like this when they met some 2 decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Her eyes are intoxicating...even the wife complimented on them.

Gotta wonder if she was game for something like this when they met some 2 decades ago.
                  Give her points on looks, but she was a super-model. Guess her being on the cover of Playboy is stuck in my head as a huge negative move on her part. I had to work to hard mentally to understand what she was saying honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Give her points on looks, but she was a super-model. Guess her being on the cover of Playboy is stuck in my head as a huge negative move on her part. I had to work to hard mentally to understand what she was saying honestly.
                    Work hard to understand what she was saying? Dude, I've been in parts of your home state, and there's no way in hell to tell what some of those people are saying. I'm from deep east Texas, and that Cajun talk sounds like made up stuff to me.

Comment

Yep...it was kind of a killjoy (imo) after Rudy. Man he was wound up tighter than a $2 watch.

Not that she stated anything wrong, just went flat...

I find this whole deal kinda weird don't you?? How many people are gonna watch & change their minds...that angle just seems odd to me with the spread the two candidates take. I guess there could be a few Ind. who are struggling but seems like a stretch how far apart the views are??

Crazy I'm even watching & guess it's cuz you gotta guy the establishment hates & seeing how it all comes into play. What a weird piece of history we are watching. Gotta be one of the most bizarre elections the US has had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Work hard to understand what she was saying? Dude, I've been in parts of your home state, and there's no way in hell to tell what some of those people are saying. I'm from deep east Texas, and that Cajun talk sounds like made up stuff to me.
                        Touche'..........LMAO!!!
                        Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Yep...it was kind of a killjoy (imo) after Rudy. Man he was wound up tighter than a $2 watch.

Not that she stated anything wrong, just went flat...

I find this whole deal kinda weird don't you?? How many people are gonna watch & change their minds...that angle just seems odd to me with the spread the two candidates take. I guess there could be a few Ind. who are struggling but seems like a stretch how far apart the views are??

Crazy I'm even watching & guess it's cuz you gotta guy the establishment hates & seeing how it all comes into play. What a weird piece of history we are watching. Gotta be one of the most bizarre elections the US has had.:eek:
                        No doubt!!! And yes, the division in beliefs is really clear and I doubt many folks are left to divide up between them. The battleground states are really all that matters......those 3 or possibly 4 states may change OUR nation for at least a decade or two!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          The last GOP convention had Clint Eastwood, this one had Scott Baio. I guess I should watch but I can't bring myself to do it - makes me physically ill to even think about it. i have withdrawn from the field of battle for the first time since I became eligible to vote 40 years ago. The voters are going to get what they deserve in November and they are going to get it good and hard.
                          So your just gonna sit on the side line and watch? We are all going to be affected by this election, not just the voters. I for one will vote. Not real happy with what we have to vote for. I can't believe that is the best America had to offer, but I will not sit idle. I will have a say.

Comment

Is there a station that shows all the speakers in full? Maybe I need to look for an internet feed. I'm stuck in a Baltimore hotel and last night I couldn't find a single channel where the media "hosts" were not too full of themselves to just let the coverage run. Even Bill O had to break into the speeches and add his .02. Really frustrating not to get to hear all of that mom's speech.

Comment

Marcus did not look ok. Prayer sent............

Comment

Working...
                              X