Militarized police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
    With all due respect, I don't recall those shooters or any of the other mass shooters engaging any police vehicles, armored or not. Most police carry individual AR's, shotguns and side arms which allows fire equivalence if not superiority in most active shooter cases.

The GPD officer killed two AK carrying terrorists with his service pistol.

Im serving my country, when deployed I expect to travel and see that equipment. I don't want to see it rolling down the streets of America.

Read here to refresh your memory.
    Military style armored vehicles played a key role in yesterday's mass shooting, especially when officers surrounded the suspects' SUV. In the bay area, there has been much controversy about the use of those vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
      When they use it to usurp your 2nd amendment rights.
      Conspiracy?? We have never needed this before. Not in my life. Why now.. Hmm.

Comment

If cruise missiles will help the cops do their jobs and get home safe every night then give it to them! Also I have seen the Dallas swat vehicles and they do have round impacts all over that thing

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
          I work in Tarrant County and I know of two agencies right off the top of my head, one of them is the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office, which do not allow patrol rifles to be carried by patrolmen. And unless a patrolmen buys his own, the smaller agencies do not normally issue one but the individual may purchase and carry his own (like I did). My point is not all patrolmen are equipped with rifles, the admin are too scared of liability and the patrolmen suffer the consequences.

Since you're ex military, you know as well as I do that a shotgun is NOT equivalent to a rifle, it's actually far inferior. The only place it's equal is up close and a pistol is no match for a rifle. The only thing that equals or surpasses a rifle is another rifle in the hands of a better trained shooter.

The GPD OIS is anecdotal evidence and it was a best case scenario of a good marksmen in uniform vs two twits with rifles. It could have been very bad if they (terrorists) had any modicum of training.
          I'm actually still serving. Not ex. I never said a shot gun is equivalent to a rifle. And I think all officers should have AR's. This thread is about armored vehicles and I do not think they should be the new staple. I also do not think they should be wearing multicam. It's a combat military uniform. Police should wear neutral uniforms. It's inappropriate and confusing to the public.

That's the way I see it. If you don't like my opinion, its fine man. No hurt feelings here.

Comment

This same type of vehicle was used by San Marcos PD to get kids out of schools during the floods
            Last edited by narco1; 02-26-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post

Because the government is our friend and they would never do anything wrong, illegal, or immoral. [emoji848]

Comment

Militarized police

It's the world we live in. Gotta be prepared for anything now days. Whatever it takes to get the boys in blue home safe.

Comment

I don't see why our police needs military style armored vehicles. You can argue terrorism and security all you want...I don't think that is their intent at all.
                  Riot control.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                    I'm actually still serving. Not ex. I never said a shot gun is equivalent to a rifle. And I think all officers should have AR's. This thread is about armored vehicles and I do not think they should be the new staple. I also do not think they should be wearing multicam. It's a combat military uniform. Police should wear neutral uniforms. It's inappropriate and confusing to the public.

That's the way I see it. If you don't like my opinion, its fine man. No hurt feelings here.

If you're an infantrymen, perhaps you should have to wear something that's easier for the enemy to see. I see no problem with all black or jungle camo for SWAT, whatever camouflages the good guys better against someone trying to kill them.

Maybe the military should send you guys into Iraq or Afghanistan strictly in humvees, you know, something equal to a technical that a band of terrorists would be equipped with. No need for a M1 Abrams or an armored personnel carrier. Since war is fair and all.....

Comment

Because the government is our friend and they would never do anything wrong, illegal, or immoral. [emoji848]
                      are you considering local police to be "the government?"

Comment

Lodgepole, tell me why you think your neighbors (Police) that live amongst the community have this underlying plot to enslave you and your family?......give me a break and get a grip. Too much Alex Jones, not enough common sense.

Comment

Don't try to explain.. It's futile.. When the demon is on their doorstep then, and only then, will they acknowledge it.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
                            Lodgepole, tell me why you think your neighbors (Police) that live amongst the community have this underlying plot to enslave you and your family?......give me a break and get a grip. Too much Alex Jones, not enough common sense.
                            people....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Don't try to explain.. It's futile.. When the demon is on their doorstep then, and only then, will they acknowledge it.
                              LOL.....this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                what will "they" acknowledge? what is "it?" that police are there to take their guns away?

if you think "cops" are going to give up their guns and then take them from their neighbors you are crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X