Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Militarized police

Really?!?!

Yes really. I'd rather have my state cops help me than the feds....

Comment

I don't like it; but I understand why .

FYI there is a new politics/current events forum

Comment

I think it's overboard.

Comment

I don't see why our police needs military style armored vehicles. You can argue terrorism and security all you want...I don't think that is their intent at all.

Comment

Militarized police

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            I think it's overboard.

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
            I don't see why our police needs military style armored vehicles. You can argue terrorism and security all you want...I don't think that is their intent at all.

Ask San Bernandino PD if they worked out for them. When you fellas are ready to saddle up in a normal patrol vehicle against multiple terrorists armed with AK-47's and AR-15's, I'll take your opinion seriously. Until then you'd do best to let the SME on police tactics decide what's best for the police and try not to be so paranoid. If that was your kid's school or your wife's office building that Mohammed and Farik are headed to, I'd bet every dollar I have that you'd be ok with it.

I say all of that with all due respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post

Ask San Bernandino PD if they worked out for them. When you fellas are ready to saddle up in a normal patrol vehicle against multiple terrorists armed with AK-47's and AR-15's, I'll take your opinion seriously. Until then you'd do best to let the SME on police tactics decide what's best for the police and try not to be so paranoid. If that was your kid's school or your wife's office building that Mohammed and Farik are headed to, I'd bet every dollar I have that you'd be ok with it.

Boom, there is it!

Comment

You may be right. Hay while we are at it lets get rid of due process and illegal search and seizure as well. Those silly things so get in the way.

Never have we been so quick to give up our liberties and turn to the government to save us.

Comment

With all due respect, I don't recall those shooters or any of the other mass shooters engaging any police vehicles, armored or not. Most police carry individual AR's, shotguns and side arms which allows fire equivalence if not superiority in most active shooter cases.

The GPD officer killed two AK carrying terrorists with his service pistol.

Im serving my country, when deployed I expect to travel and see that equipment. I don't want to see it rolling down the streets of America.

Comment

San Marcos PD has one of those guys.

They used it to save folks during the floods this year.

Comment

You may be right. Hay while we are at it lets get rid of due process and illegal search and seizure as well. Those silly things so get in the way.

Never have we been so quick to give up our liberties and turn to the government to save us.

Please tell us more about how an armored vehicle is going to compromise your 4th, 5th and 14th Amendment rights. I'll wait.

Comment

Please tell us more about how an armored vehicle is going to compromise your 4th, 5th and 14th Amendment rights. I'll wait.

When they use it to usurp your 2nd amendment rights.

Comment

They needed them in Dallas last June when that crazy SOB bought an armored van to shoot up police headquarters and go on a high speed chase shooting at cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                            With all due respect, I don't recall those shooters or any of the other mass shooters engaging any police vehicles, armored or not. Most police carry individual AR's, shotguns and side arms which allows fire equivalence if not superiority in most active shooter cases.

The GPD officer killed two AK carrying terrorists with his service pistol.

Im serving my country, when deployed I expect to travel and see that equipment. I don't want to see it rolling down the streets of America.

I work in Tarrant County and I know of two agencies right off the top of my head, one of them is the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office, which do not allow patrol rifles to be carried by patrolmen. And unless a patrolmen buys his own, the smaller agencies do not normally issue one but the individual may purchase and carry his own (like I did). My point is not all patrolmen are equipped with rifles, the admin are too scared of liability and the patrolmen suffer the consequences.

Since you're ex military, you know as well as I do that a shotgun is NOT equivalent to a rifle, it's actually far inferior. The only place it's equal is up close and a pistol is no match for a rifle. The only thing that equals or surpasses a rifle is another rifle in the hands of a better trained shooter.

The GPD OIS is anecdotal evidence and it was a best case scenario of a good marksmen in uniform vs two twits with rifles. It could have been very bad if they (terrorists) had any modicum of training.

Comment

When they use it to usurp your 2nd amendment rights.

Comment

Working...
                              X