• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Crude 54.67 -2.25%
    Natural Gas 3.66 +0.99%

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I know. But still manipulated. And being manipulated more and more by countries and politics.

Funny how people only care when it's manipulated up but not when it's being manipulated down.

You could never make me believe that supply went up that much and demand dropped this much in a few months.
      It's definitely manipulated but it certainly goes both ways. There is a lot of big money moving oil down. As soon as the shorts feel they have made enough money, they will cover and move it right back up. The only way to get rid of the manipulation is to make anyone who buys oil take delivery of what they buy. Those traders would be a little more reluctant to trade in oil if those 1,000 barrel contracts started showing up at their desks. Bottom line though is that it is much tougher on this country when the dollar is getting stronger. Risk aversion is the name of the game right now. Normally the Dollar and the Yen are kings of that game, but with the Japanese printing 80 trillion yen a year and the US ending their QE program, the Dollar is King. The strong dollar makes oil more expensive for everyone but the US, as it is priced in Dollars. Kinda of a perfect storm for oil prices between the over supply and the strongest Dollar we have had since 2006.

Comment

Im supposed to go to work for Haliburton in jan. Would have already been if not for stupid sleep apnea. Frac/acid. Not gonna lie, kinda scared. Might be looking before it ever starts

Comment

With the ruble dropping to record lows, an interest rate hike was attempted, but did not work

Comment

The saudi's are working w/ our Govt to bankrupt Russia.
            This is going to get very ugly before its over.

but hey, gas will be less than $2 a gallon so the economy will explode...

right ?

Comment

Good point Billy.... With cheap gas, we'll all be able
              To afford 5,000 acre ranches and private jets. I can't wait

Comment

Is this not how wars start? Think the Russians are going to back down and say their sorry?

Comment

Anyone know of any geologist positions in the San Antonio area? I talked with BlackBrush but they have a hiring freeze right now and Apache isn't hiring at the moment.... Please let me know if y'all hear anything.

Comment

Im in the permian working and its hard to say what is going to happen on my end with the rigs. In 08 when they started cutting rigs loose everyone did. Right now we have customers dropping every rig they have and others picking more rigs up. It is very confusing as they are contradicting each other. Alot of companies are letting older rigs go to pick up nicer rigs that are becoming available. Rig count fell 65 rigs last week and is up 28 this week if i remember the number correctly. This is whats keeping hope up for us that some companies are still hammering away.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTroughneck View Post
                      Im in the permian working and its hard to say what is going to happen on my end with the rigs. In 08 when they started cutting rigs loose everyone did. Right now we have customers dropping every rig they have and others picking more rigs up. It is very confusing as they are contradicting each other. Alot of companies are letting older rigs go to pick up nicer rigs that are becoming available. Rig count fell 65 rigs last week and is up 28 this week if i remember the number correctly. This is whats keeping hope up for us that some companies are still hammering away.
                      That makes for a better mind set than a bunch of the negative. I just started in oil and gas but am in the Subsea side. Hope something changes. Been here 4 months and my cube is next to the biggest Debbie Downer in the company. lol Let me fill up my boat for my trip next week and lets see some $3 a gallon prices again

Comment

Originally posted by DXTroughneck View Post
                        My bet is first oil companies are threatening rigs going down to get all service company costs down to reasonable levels then drill till it's truly not profitable anymore.

Comment

The last few years companies were having to get whatever rigs they could at high prices. We are going to start seeing the smaller companies and older iron stacking out as well as the majors who dont want to come off date rate prices. There is rigs running now that i would be scared to step foot on!! They need to be culled.

Comment

Cresent is doing our directional and they are hiring more directional guys and picking up more work, go figure.

Comment

I heard on Fox business $200 million dollars a day are being saved by the American Consumer. If true that is going to be positive for other areas of the economy. States, like Texas, are going to take a hard hit no doubt but other parts of the economy will benefit.
                              Last edited by BrandonA; 12-17-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                I'm telling you right now that you'd be a fool to not prepare yourself. I call BS on what your company told you. I hope all goes well for everyone but let's be honest about it lol. Slim chance!!
                                Trophy 8 you can call BS all you want but what I am speaking is the truth... I am honest and I am proud to work for a great company that made a great strategic move by hedging.

Comment

Working...
                                X