3 thoughts worth reviewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 thoughts worth reviewing

These three, short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:

1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Funny how that works. And here's another one worth considering…

2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money! What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't. Think about it...and last but not least:

3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.

how bout cutting politicians benefits and perks we all pay for, and give their medical and retirement to our vets who earned it, how bout all those worthless arse oh i'm disable I've got vd, hpb,depression,obesity,and any othe bs some lawyer can get u Benefits for, while they roam the streets daily waiting for check day to arrive , turns my stomach

Comment

As for number 1, I suspect the better analogy would be: Should we judge all Christians by the acts of a few Christians? Hitler, Jim Jones at Jonestown, the Crusades, Westboro BC, etc. all CLAIMED to be Christian. But, I don't think they represent most Christians. Most gun related bills are supposed to be focused on keeping guns out of the hands of people who would do harm. Of course, as we know, these arguments are poorly thought out and infringe on the rights of honest gun owners. But, I'm not sure your analogy is accurate.

Number 2: I believe that social programs are budgeted by Congress on an ongoing basis, where social security is a long standing retirement program based on how much money is paid in versus how much is paid out. So, again, I'm not sure these can be directly compared.

Number 3: I have no idea and it's a shame.

Comment

Working...
      X