Dr. James Dobson endorses Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy
    No. I could just read HIM like a book.. He proved me "correct".

Don't be angry with me, be angry with Tedro.
    If not caving to the political whims of the hour and sticking to your conservative beliefs is wrong, then you sir are "correct". These choices are tough and I hope it somehow works out the best for our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
      Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China? At the risk of derailing this thread, what books are you referring to?
      Tongue in cheek Jason. We have a some of Dr. Dobson's books in our bookcase.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
        Joshua: I voted for Ted Cruz for senate and in the presidential primary. I also contributed to both causes. I know now I'm not voting or contributing to him again. I have not decided to vote against or contribute against him but after reading posts like yours it is convincing me to do so.

I have asked but never got an answer why Ted said he would not drop out till he was mathematically eliminated but went back on that pledge also. My only conclusion is that he did not want to burn up the money he has raised and keep it in his fund.

I have also asked if he can use that money to pay back on his million dollar loan he got from Goldman Sach's via his wife.

Keep posting things like you did mentioning Duke and ignoring things like I posted. It's hurting Ted's cause and he is not doing himself any favors either.
        I don't know the answer to either of your questions, and I'm pretty sure I HAVE stated that here before. Am I Ted Cruz's personal top aide or something? You think I have a pipeline into the campaign? By the time he lost Indiana, I'm pretty sure he WAS mathematically eliminated from being able to win the nomination without a contested convention. There is a little thing called strategy, also. You don't tell your opponent, their voters, or YOUR voters, that you might drop out of the race if this or that happens. Jeb Bush, who was never remotely in the race at any point, said right before South Carolina voted that he was going to stay in even if he lost SC. Pretty sure Christie said about the same thing right before New Hampshire and Rubio said the same thing right before Florida. Guess what, they lost, they changed their tune, and they dropped out, as most assumed they would. But you don't put it out there publicly, ahead of time. It undermines the confidence of your voters and it gives wind to the sails of your opponent and THEIR voters.

Ted Cruz made a calculated decision - a WISE one, I believe - that the "worm had turned" against him in this particular primary campaign, and while he might still win a few states like Nebraska or South Dakota, it probably wouldn't be enough to keep Trump from getting to 1,237 before the Convention. Thanks to a LOT of help from Fox News, voters had already started viewing Trump as the presumptive nominee. If you do as much reading on politics as I do, you might have seen an article or two where Cruz's campaign people talked on background about how their polling support for Cruz in Indiana significantly changed after Trump swept the Northeast states easily a few weeks before Indiana. It signified a fundamental change in the race. And indeed there was a fundamental change in the race. I think Cruz did fully intend, earlier on, to go all the way to California. I don't believe he foresaw that a lot of voters were already capitulating to the idea of Trump being the presumptive nominee. When his team finally realized, unequivocally, that that was happening, they decided it was the better part of valor to leave the battlefield and live to fight another day. And as much as I hoped he'd be able to continue all the way to Caifornia, I agreed with his decision to drop out.

fyi, I will donate to his re-election campaign in Texas, even though I no longer live there, and I will absolutely donate to him and support him again if he runs again in 2020.

By the way, in case you didn't know, David Duke announced this week that he will run for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana. As a Republican.
        Last edited by Joshua Flournoy; 07-23-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X