Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas voter ID & the hits keep coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas voter ID & the hits keep coming...

A federal appeals court has ruled that Texas' strict voter ID law violates the Voting Rights Act and has ordered changes before the November election.

Federal appeals court orders changes to Texas voter ID law

This makes my blood boil. How is it discrimination to make someone prove who they are in order to vote with a free Id card?

It's beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      This makes my blood boil. How is it discrimination to make someone prove who they are in order to vote with a free Id card?

It's beyond ridiculous.
      I totally agree. I just don't get it.

Comment

The decision will be appealed.
        Greg Abbott litigated against federal overreach constantly.
        He won't allow this to lie. He'll make sure it doesn't end here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          The decision will be appealed.
          Greg Abbott litigated against federal overreach constantly.
          He won't allow this to lie. He'll make sure it doesn't end here.
          Tough road ahead because either you take it to the supreme court now and get a split vote, or wait til the election is over and pray hillary doesnt win and stack the SC.

Comment

Looks like the liberal judges are doing all they can to set this election up for the most massive and rampant voter fraud any country has ever seen. Putin will be so proud of the democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

It's beyond ridiculous.
              Originally posted by Olphart View Post
              I totally agree. I just don't get it.
              The ID card is not the problem, it's getting the birth certificate. I've actually heard that can be challenging for seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                The ID card is not the problem, it's getting the birth certificate. I've actually heard that can be challenging for seniors.
                From the article

"The state and other supporters say the Texas law prevents fraud. Opponents say it discriminates by requiring forms of ID that are more difficult to obtain for low-income, African-American and Latino voters."

Looks to me like the anti-Texas-Voter-ID folks aren't interested in seniors, only low income non-white folks. I don't see how it's a discrimination thing since the voter ID law states nowhere anything about race/age/sex/etc. The low income comment by opponents is just garbage as anyone can head down to DPS and get a free ID just by asking and providing two documents.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  Tough road ahead because either you take it to the supreme court now and get a split vote, or wait til the election is over and pray hillary doesnt win and stack the SC.
                  Supreme Court has already dealt with it once in April.

Not sure how it could get any easier. You can still vote by mail with no ID.

Texans can obtain an EIC at:

Any of the more than 220 Texas driver license offices during regular business hours throughout the year
                  EIC mobile station locations (EIC transactions only) 22 locations
                  Alternate approved locations issuing only EICs in select counties (45 locations)
                  Saturday locations issuing only EICs (EIC transactions only)
                  Exemptions (48 locations)

If you are voting by mail, you do not have to submit a photo ID.

If you have a documented disability, you may apply at your county voter registrar for a permanent exemption from the photo ID requirement. If approved, you will not need a photo ID to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                    From the article

"The state and other supporters say the Texas law prevents fraud. Opponents say it discriminates by requiring forms of ID that are more difficult to obtain for low-income, African-American and Latino voters."

Looks to me like the anti-Texas-Voter-ID folks aren't interested in seniors, only low income non-white folks. I don't see how it's a discrimination thing since the voter ID law states nowhere anything about race/age/sex/etc. The low income comment by opponents is just garbage as anyone can head down to DPS and get a free ID just by asking and providing two documents.

Richard.
                    Like I said, the birth certificate is the issue.

I am in no way advocating against this, FYI. I think voter ID is a good idea as long as everyone can get said ID.

Comment

Didn't they say TX had to fix this before Nov??

Look, we have a ton of fraud down here along the border, especially with local elections...the dems actually will help 'voters' by picking them up point of entry cities!!

This will do nothing but help their agenda.

Comment

Back when my mother was still alive and in a nursing home democrat operatives came thru the home and had all the residents vote for Clinton and helped them by filling out the forms for them. When I found out I went ballistics on the nursing home management and notified our then Senator Hutchinson. Guess what? I never heard a single word from her office. Fraud will be unparalleled this year. The fix is in.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          Like I said, the birth certificate is the issue.

I am in no way advocating against this, FYI. I think voter ID is a good idea as long as everyone can get said ID.
                          I have to go get a certified copy of mine from the courthouse for a passport application. I called to ask for hours and what ID I needed and if it had to be in the county I was born in. The answer I got is they have every birth certificate in the state database since 1923. So if there are any 93 year old illegals out there than I guess they can claim discrimination lol.

Comment

Just another straw on the camel's back. Some day there will be enough, and we'll Texit. Still too soon though.

Comment

Seniors need an ID to pick up prescriptions, and I would bet to get any kind of insurance, bank account, credit card, mortgage, etc. If someone doesn't have an ID is that really the kind of person trying to actually vote?

Comment

Working...
                              X