No announcement yet.

The Bush family has lost its shine to me sadly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate politics and try to look at "people".

George W seems like good people, and I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter View Post
      I guess everyone hasn't different priorities when it comes to tax dollar spending. DHS on average costs us $50b, while the Welfare system consumes 86% of all tax revenue collected. It's not even close. Welfare spending has grown from 4% of GDP in the 60s to 16% today! Military spending has done the exact opposite. I'd rather my money go to systems designed to keep us safer...rather than people that milk the system and aren't willing to work.
      You need to quote your sources and define what is welfare. You are certainly including SS in your figures. National defense is up 10% in the last decade.

It ALL needs to be cut, everything.

Comment

All you non-voters keep telling yourself whatever you want, meanwhile the major population centers in Texas will continue getting blue-er and blue-er while you sit on your principals.

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
          All you non-voters keep telling yourself whatever you want, meanwhile the major population centers in Texas will continue getting blue-er and blue-er while you sit on your principals.
          I would never sit on my principal! He was a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            OUch.........don't remind me! What a mess, even the name is downright bizarre to me. HOMELAND security..........this aint Germany. Our military, FBI, CIA have done an excellent job for decades but we gotta have another layer of beaucracy????? And WE are supposedly for smaller government??? Anyway, I cant wait to see what folks chose in this current election. Gonna be quite the ride either way the votes come in.
            You're wrong. They weren't getting it done. That's why 911 was so effective. They were entities looking only for their own glory at the expense of the nation.
            Just like all the reports of WMDs in Iraq. People in departments looking to show they were getting it done and providing questionable intel. And when the intel turned out to be misleading at best the onus fell on GW. But honestly the potus always gets more credit or blame than the power they individually have to actually get anything done.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
              You need to quote your sources and define what is welfare. You are certainly including SS in your figures. National defense is up 10% in the last decade.

It ALL needs to be cut, everything.
              Hush now, it sounds good either way!
              Originally posted by DRT View Post
              You're wrong. They weren't getting it done. That's why 911 was so effective. They were entities looking only for their own glory at the expense of the nation.
              Just like all the reports of WMDs in Iraq. People in departments looking to show they were getting it done and providing questionable intel. And when the intel turned out to be misleading at best the onus fell on GW. But honestly the potus always gets more credit or blame than the power they individually have to actually get anything done.
              Your opinion is fine. But there were sources that spelled something was brewing, and we had a big fat miss.......crap happens sadly to good people.....I knew two of them. IF more and BIGGER government is good with you as it supposedly means we are SAFER..........lets agree to disagree! We all know what Ben Franklin said about trading your GOD given Liberty for ...........safety = Patriotic Act. No love loss at all just good ole discussion. We just see it differently . Hum, if we added DHS why not get rid of other agencies that you said are self serving and missed 911?? Rhetorical question actually, as we could never shut down agencies............BILLIONS of dollars of welfare (social & corporate) are on the line!

Comment

Big government is a problem no doubt. But he was getting bad info and knew he wasn't being told all the truth. Maybe the top brass of the intel divisions have good reason not to share information. IDK but what would anyone do if they have no confidence in the people that are supposed to be supporting them? They bring in someone they trust and start a different path. Kinda like my wife buying a new Jeep and not selling her old Caravan. Now we not only have the new car expense, we're still paying for the repairs on the out of date vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                  This is so true . While I may like some things Trump is for I certainly did not like some things he did in the primaries , but in the end he is the one chosen to beat Clinton and we need to come together to support him . There is just so much more at stake here than just who will be in charge the next 4 years . The Supreme Court Justices along will have a impact on our nation that could last 40 years or more . I`m so old it won`t impact me for too long but I`m terrified of what our nation will become and how it will affect my grandkids if Clinton wins . Our nation will forever be changed and not for the best . Those of you who won`t vote because you don`t like Trump , well it is certainly your right but just remember all those people on the other side with their hands out for everything they can get for free , well they are going to be out in force because they don`t want to lose their gravy train . My one little vote may not mean much by itself but hopefully with others there will be enough to keep our great nation together and not just give it to them to dismantle .

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                    bush was such a bad president he made his daddy cry and ruined any chance jeb had.

What's your end goal? Why are you still around? People shouldn't be banned for offering different viewpoints, but you are just trolling at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                      What's your end goal? Why are you still around? People shouldn't be banned for offering different viewpoints, but you are just trolling at this point.
                      He will go the way of JMalin soon (I hope).

I don't want an echo chamber here, but I at least want solid debate, rather than pot stirring

Comment

Working...
                      X