Fresno police kill unarmed white dude- grab your pitch forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Something I remember from Infantry AIT that the LEOs might want to try. (but I wouldn't advise it)

As part of our training we had to do guard duty around the post. Those chosen to guard the armory were issued 3 rounds of ammo. No one else was issued ammo.

This as they say is the kicker. Our orders were to "not lock and load until the third round entered our body." I am serious. Not joking.

From what I've seen lately it seems that some of my old DI's may have had children.

Comment

The army taught you to wait until you've been shot 3 times to return fire? Who let those clowns become instructors?

Comment

The idiot tree is getting smaller every week as they come in all shapes and colors!

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
            The army taught you to wait until you've been shot 3 times to return fire? Who let those clowns become instructors?
            We thought the same thing. The only thing I can think of in their defense is that they felt certain we wouldn't be need to have a fire fight.

But at least by the time they've shot you 3 times you're pretty sure they might be a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
              This is merely my humble opinion, as i was not there, did not see/hear/feel everything the guys on scene did, don't know their history with this vehicle or suspect, and acknowledging the limitations of body cams.

First off, you've got the initial failure to yield after using both lights and sirens. That's unusual behavior, and the next step is to conduct a felony stop when their vehicle finally stops. Their vehicle is going to stop in one of 3 ways. It stops, it stops and they bail, or they wreck. Something gave this officer a hinky feeling. I usually don't pull my gun until immediately after my unit is in park. If it's out before that, it's cause I've got a gut feeling, and you don't ignore those.

Anyway, they get it stopped and begin the felony stop portion. I dunno know why the officer approached so soon, and by himself. It's irrelevant though. The guy gets out of the truck wearing a loose t shirt and starts walking away and isn't complying. Again, not normal people behavior. He's reaching behind his back, hand out of view. He had a few chances to show his hands and isn't. Time to shoot.

If you've ever done any simunition force on force training, you know how true action beats reaction every time is. If you wait to see if he pulls a gun, by the time you can react, he's already getting shots on you. A tie is a loss, and winning is the only option. Normal people with no intent to harm officers will show their hands when guns are pointed at them, not continue to reach.

OK, so he's on the ground. The last shot, you see him lift the bottom of his shirt with his left hand and put his right hand underneath. Pretty common motion for going for a gun.

Some have argued that the officers should have gone hands on once he was on the ground. I disagree. He's likely armed, so handle the situation from a safe distance until he complies. If he continues to reach for that possible weapon, keep shooting.
              Right on ! I would've shot him too.

Comment

I'm NOT saying the LEO was bad or wrong... But out of all the shooting videos I've seen that cause the national pot stirrer to get involved this was the worse shoot...

And of course since it was a white guy we don't hear about it (besides this thread).

How long was this guys rap sheet? I got 4 to 1 says it was shorter than the last two black "victims"

Comment

They should have tried to talk and calm him down. No taser? Too quick to pull the trigger in my opinion. Then to shoot him 3 times again while lying on the ground? He never exposed or pointed any weapons or showed threat.

Comment

Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
                      Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.
                      That ain't no lie

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
                        Armchair quarterbacks are a PENNY a dozen.
                        Fixed it for ya!!!
                        Lordy, just sooo much brilliance being exposed on these emotionally charged incidents. But it is good to know!

Comment

Was the firearm he might have been reaching behind his back for or under his shirt after the first shot took him down found on his body?

The guy was a fool for not listening to the LEO's orders, but remember from the video the officer had a 12 gauge pointed at the guy at the time.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I'm NOT saying the LEO was bad or wrong... But out of all the shooting videos I've seen that cause the national pot stirrer to get involved this was the worse shoot...

And of course since it was a white guy we don't hear about it (besides this thread).

How long was this guys rap sheet? I got 4 to 1 says it was shorter than the last two black "victims"
                            What do you base that on? I don't know much about this case, but I'm not sure I'd make such a claim. Also, what does his "rap sheet" have to do with anything anyway? The longer the record, the less their life matters and the more justified a cop would be for killing in cold blood? A bad shoot is a bad shoot, no matter who it happens to. I wrote a long reply here but deleted most of it. All I'll say is both sides of the aisle should wait for the investigation to be completed before armchair quarterbacking. I will make no claims about whether or not ANY shooting was justified because I wasn't there. This site easily snoballs into the same level of discourse as the left holds every time this happens, with an opposite viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
                              fixed it for ya!!!
                              lordy, just sooo much brilliance being exposed on these emotionally charged incidents. But it is good to know!
                              x10

Comment

Working...
                              X