Ruh Roh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Since we are on the subject of unions, why do unions typically support the Democrat party? I'm genuinely interested.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".
    I'd like to know, too. I'm a member of the IAFF (International Association of Fire Fighters). They ALWAYS support Dems. They are undecided @ the moment on Prez but if they go Killary I WILL be dropping out of the IAFF, along w/everybody I've discussed it with. I refuse to pay dues to an organization that sponsors her. It was bad enough they went w/Osama & I should've bailed out then. In actuality, I'm a member of our 'local' Assc., which in turn makes me a member of the IAFF, but some of our dues funds go to the IAFF. We can't have a local Assc. w/out being a part of the bigger IAFF.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I get what you are saying but I don't think it will be a problem.

Since we are on the subject of unions, why do unions typically support the Democrat party? I'm genuinely interested.

Because when there have been issues with workers rights in the past the republican party has been prone to turn their backs to workers much more than the democrats have. Also, democratic politicians have no problem meeting and discussing issues with unions. Ask a republican to do the same and you get nothing more than a door slammed in your face.

Is it to get the members votes? Highly likely. But, I am sure the elephant party could also use those votes.

Pretty much sums it up from the union's point of view.

Both parties have their +'s and -'s. You just have to decide which one has the most +'s. As a union member I do not vote party line. I vote for the person that I think will be the best for the American worker, the AMERICAN CITIZEN, and the person that can hopefully stop this tailspin that we are in. Both parties have their fair share of corrupt and self serving career politicians.

You also have to look at what unions always vote democrat no matter what. And, always will. You can't lump all unions together. They don't all represent the same type of members.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Lord, please help Trump keep his mouth SHUT! Amen.
        X2. I seem to be sensing he's becoming a bit more decent human like (Presidential), but I certainly don't want to jinx it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Because when there have been issues with workers rights in the past the republican party has been prone to turn their backs to workers much more than the democrats have. Also, democratic politicians have no problem meeting and discussing issues with unions. Ask a republican to do the same and you get nothing more than a door slammed in your face.

Is it to get the members votes? Highly likely. But, I am sure the elephant party could also use those votes.

Pretty much sums it up from the union's point of view.

Both parties have their +'s and -'s. You just have to decide which one has the most +'s. As a union member I do not vote party line. I vote for the person that I think will be the best for the American worker, the AMERICAN CITIZEN, and the person that can hopefully stop this tailspin that we are in. Both parties have their fair share of corrupt and self serving career politicians.

You also have to look at what unions always vote democrat no matter what. And, always will. You can't lump all unions together. They don't all represent the same type of members.

Thanks. My step FIL was union (paper mill operator) but he never voted Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            If he chooses Mike Pence as his running mate it will slow down his union support in the rust belt. And, he desperately needs it in states like Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Hopefully he chooses someone else.
            So, in other words, the Democrat Rust Belt voters who put him over the top in Republican primaries?

Comment

Working...
            X