No announcement yet.

Citizen Militia a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas already has it's own militia and answers to no one but the governor of Texas. They have both an Army wing and an Air wing. The TSG is very much real and very active with training going on every week. Most members are retired and ex military. A member of my household is in the Air Wing and has already been on deployment twice this past year in support of south Texas border operations. Anyone interested in joining a legitimate organization send me a pm for contact info person.
    The mission of the Texas State Guard (TXSG) is to provide mission-ready military forces to assist state and local authorities in times of state emergencies; to conduct homeland security and community service activities under the umbrella of Defense Support to Civil Authorities, and to augment the Texas Army National Guard and Texas Air National Guard as required.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      I don't want to be Debbie Downer and I know this will not be popular but I'll go ahead and say it.....

Middle and upper class conservative Americans aren't going to ever rise up and take arms. We will not fight internally for our freedom or the Constitution. We will not stand up against tyrants. How do I know this? We haven't done it since the Civil War. Look at the eroding freedoms, the trampling of the Constitution, the power shift to the out of control federal government, the millions of babies murdered via legal abortion. Look at the assault weapon ban of 1994 that restricted our freedoms in absolutely ridiculous ways. Look at what is being shoved down kids throats in government schools, the homosexual agenda, gay marriage, transgender bathrooms, global warming, anti-gun rhetoric, anti-Christian rhetoric and the list goes on. We've had Obama in office trashing and ignoring the Constitution for years and creating law through executive orders. We have a Supreme Court legislating from the bench. We add TRILLIONS of dollars to our national debt. The Democratic nominee for president lied for the last year every single day about her illegal email server and exposing top secret emails and the FBI comes out and says that "Yes, she's guilty of breaking multiple federal laws." But no charges come. We are a banana republic.

Nothing. Ever. Happens. And honestly I don't believe anything ever will.

As long as middle and upper class Americans can afford to live in our nice homes, gorge ourselves on every kind of food we can imagine, buy new cars and trucks, haul the kids all over the place to ballgames and dance recitals, buy the latest iPhones and tablets and obsess with things like Pokemon and the latest Facebook viral video, then ya.....nothing is ever going to happen.

I can go on and on, but I won't. Our liberties have been trampled for a long time and it's only getting worse and we are all too comfortable to do anything about it. We don't have a backbone anymore and the government schools, the universities and the media have made sure of that.

I know that is depressing and I know that it's not the way we like to think about ourselves as Americans but we aren't the Greatest Generation. Sadly that generation and their predecessors are long gone. We just sit back and complain about our eroding freedoms but that is all that is ever going to happen. We aren't willing to risk our extremely comfortable lives and families to ensure the freedom and liberty of our grandchildren. We just hope things are better during the next election cycle. The Democrats have had us heading towards the cliff at 90mph so we hope that maybe the Republicans can slow us down to 60mph, but no one every stops us from where we are heading.

You know the analogy about boiling the frog in the pot of water. There comes a point when the frog might realize what's happening, but at that point it's too late for him to jump out.
      I've been saying this exact same thing for years. Not near as articulate and as well said as you, been the same thing.

Good on ya Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
        I just want to point out that 10 years ago or even less, anyone seriously involved in this conversation would have been branded conspiracy theorists and nut jobs. Twenty or twenty five years ago, people engaged in this conversation and then organized to train, cache weapons, etc would have been swatted down with the iron fist of the Clinton Administration's ATF, FBI etc.

The simple fact that this conversation is taking place amongst reasonable and rational people scares the Hell out of me, and at the same time it's encouraging to know that good folks are finally seeing the problems and preparing to confront them should the need arise.

What will it take? What's going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
        Shoot TXFIREGUY, it wasnt even 20-25 yer ago. You can go back and look at threads on here from just a few months ago and folks were calling others tinfoil hatters and making fun of them.

I agree though, its going to take something on the level of an economic collapse, destruction of the power grid or the likes to ignite the fire that is smoldering in the hearts of patriots.

Now where is that giant reset button that gets this party started?

Comment

Originally posted by Commandbro View Post
          Shoot TXFIREGUY, it wasnt even 20-25 yer ago. You can go back and look at threads on here from just a few months ago and folks were calling others tinfoil hatters and making fun of them.

I agree though, its going to take something on the level of an economic collapse, destruction of the power grid or the likes to ignite the fire that is smoldering in the hearts of patriots.

Now where is that giant reset button that gets this party started?
          Oh I know, I was actually trying to cite specific events and mainstream culture. The "preppers", "tinfoil hat, conspiracy theorists" and "anti-government militia patriots" who wanted to secede from the Union could not have that conversation in public, much less on the world wide web, without being laughed out of the room. They were considered mentally ill outcasts and could only discuss their beliefs within their groups. The groups themselves, every one, was refereed to as a cult, and many were exterminated by federal agents. (For the record, I'm not saying the Waco or Ruby Ridge incidents were 100 percent government's fault, just that if you had these beliefs back then, the government came after you.)

We now have a government so hated and distrusted by so many that "prepping", bug out bags, body armor, and secession movements are almost mainstream. That says something. I'm not sure what it says, but it says something. We have YouTube channels with millions of followers that preach about being ready, and not allowing tyranny. We've had a few little incidents out West with the BLM (bureau of land management) that got a little heated and folks came rushing from around the country ready to go to war with our own government. That's scary to me, right or wrong, it's scary. We have states actually passing laws to defy the federal government.

Folks, we were all taught in school that the Civil War was over slavery in the South. That was not it. Slavery was the straw that broke the camel's back, the war was about states' rights and a federal government which had been overstepping its Constitutional bounds for some time. When the South finally had enough and said "Screw you, we are leaving." The federal government attacked. It was about power and control. We're going down the same road, approaching a cliff, and the liberals in Washington are pushing the skinny pedal.....What's it going to take to cut the brake lines and send us over the edge?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Texas already has it's own militia and answers to no one but the governor of Texas. They have both an Army wing and an Air wing. The TSG is very much real and very active with training going on every week. Most members are retired and ex military. A member of my household is in the Air Wing and has already been on deployment twice this past year in support of south Texas border operations. Anyone interested in joining a legitimate organization send me a pm for contact info person.
            https://tmd.texas.gov/texas-state-guard
            So it must be State sponsored to be legitimate?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X