Bowhunting Rabbits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting Rabbits!

I don't post a whole bunch, mainly because I like reading all the post but after a long couple of weeks working with no play decided this afternoon would be a great time to go bowhunt some rabbits.

Who on here does or has bowhunted rabbits?
    Attached Files

in for live wabbit season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've shot a few with the bow. They're good eating!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        How do you cook yours? Tried it once and it was horrible!

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            Taste just like house cat.

Comment

Rabbit bow hunting is great practice for shooting at game. Plus they're good to eat. Crock pot with some veggies and bbq sauce is easy and tasty.

Comment

Fry them like chicken. We eat cotton tails and jack rabbits.

Comment

You have the perfect heads for rabbits they are fun to shoot ..

Comment

We can't kill rabbits fast enough out near Big Lake. Never ate one tho

Comment

Originally posted by westTXgirl View Post
                      Batter and fry, usually. It's better than squirrel in my opinion and a lot easier to clean.

We have cottontails and swampers, jack rabbits may be a different story!

Comment

Hope you have better luck with those heads then I did. After about 3 shots the
                        Arms are broke off an you basically have a field point left. They are junk. Good spring loaded judo point is 100x better. Good luck with the rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by westTXgirl View Post
                          Fry it just like chicken. Taste pretty close to pheasant I think. That's cottontails though. I knew an old man that thought rabbit was the best eatin there was. Said jackrabbit was good if you shot the young ones. The older they get the tougher they are. I've never eatin jackrabbit personally so I don't know about that. But that old man was 93 years old so I'd imagine that would have qualified him to know what he was talking about. He probably forgot more in his lifetime about huntin than I'll ever know in mine.

Comment

My favorite way is too dry them like you would chicken. Pressure cooker rabbit is good too.

Comment

I spent about 12 weeks working in and around Wink and Kermit. I never did see any deer out there. I think Wink's claim to fame was the Roy Orbison museum? Met lots of nice folks while I was there.

Comment

Working...
                              X