Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add me to the official Draco bandwagon

Comment

I am not against crossbows, just the fact that many crossbow users think they have a 100 yard bow and will take questionable shots. I have a friend that still believes he can shoot a deer with his crossbow out to 100 yards, even though he hasn't taken a single practice shot any farther than 50. I can't convince him otherwise, no matter what I try.
      Dave

Comment

I own a 6806 Allen "Black Hunter" compound bow, which still shoots great. The litature cites "Archery goes modern with the compound bow. The first basic design advancement since the original bent stick." I only hunt hogs, and only with a xbow. My personal max range is 40 yrds under hunting conditions. Although this beast will sling a bolt 232 yrds. (*was bored one day out in a 50 acre open pasture, fired at approx 45 degrees.) Beyond 40 yrds things are just unpredictable, unless your using a good rest. C'ya

Comment

When the first Allen compound came out, there was a tremendous debate whether it should be legal. It was not even legal for competition at first, much less hunting!

Comment

Working...
          X