Coffee pot experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    I have a keurig at work and home. You can make your own k cups. Whatever ground you choose.
    We do this, do NOT buy k cups ypu will go broke lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

We went the French Press route about a year ago and I'll never go back. Only drawback is you can really only make 2 BIG cups at a time. Best coffee I've ever had

Comment

Originally posted by DeerMagnet View Post
        Cowboy coffee
        Thats what we do when camping and at my dad's (off grid, solar and wind power).

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Comment

Bunn is what we use. It has the reservoir that keeps the water hot and it will make a full pot
          (10 cups) in about 3 minutes.
          $80.00 at Amazon.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bunn is preferred, but none I have had auto shutoff. I use Bunn at the office, keurig , coffee mate, and french press at home.

Comment

We have had a Cuisinart that has lasted 10 plus years and is great. Previously had a Mr. Coffee and a Braun, and believe the coffee tasted a little better with a Cuisinart. The guys at the lease have had several brands over the years, but we have settled on a Cuisinart and everyone seems to be happy with the coffee it makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                You can get a 14 cup Cuisinart at Costco for around 60.00 bucks, great coffee maker and deal !
                After the third time that ours brewed a pot of coffee and deposited it on the countertop and floor, I gave it to a charity garage sale. If the pot is not placed precisely the coffee will not enter the pot. It is actually quite easy to mess this one up due to the design of the pot cradle.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                  Yeeeeouuuuccchhhh! I like my coffee and drink it pretty much all day long, but $1-2k is steep for a coffee maker!!

I have a keurig at home. Wife doesnt drink coffee so its just me. First one I bought is still running in my camper after 8 or so years. Second one I got with points from work and it is going on 3 years with zero issues.

We use a bunn at work. Id say we make 10-15 pots a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and they have replaced it once in 6 years because the pot warming burner started acting up i think it was 8-10 years old.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
                  Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Good lawd!! High roller haha. I thought that was cool till I looked it up lmao. I had no idea keurig had so many problems. The one at work makes dozens of cups per day. Mine at home gets used on occasion. That's my only experience. Lol

HaHaHa... Yeah, I wouldnt buy one again
                  I purchased the Saeco back in 2010 ish when I was a single contractor having just finished a LONG stretch in Afgan and I was currently contracting in Germany. Those types of coffee makers are just about the only ones there at the time (unless you shopped at the PX on base). Thats just what people bought there so I said, why not?

Comment

If you want to spend the money, Technivorm. Hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      After the third time that ours brewed a pot of coffee and deposited it on the countertop and floor, I gave it to a charity garage sale. If the pot is not placed precisely the coffee will not enter the pot. It is actually quite easy to mess this one up due to the design of the pot cradle.
                      Wow, I've had two of them with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                        We went the French Press route about a year ago and I'll never go back. Only drawback is you can really only make 2 BIG cups at a time. Best coffee I've ever had
                        French press also makes great tea when you want to. If you get one with a glass container, just put it in the microwave to heat the water real quick before putting the coffee in.

This is like the one I have used for many years. Simple, cheap, not much to break unless you drop the glass, easy, does a great job, portable so you can bring it to work.

garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1497010829&sr=1-17&keywords=French+press&refinements

Comment

Working...
                        X