Who's embarrassed to fish Destin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's embarrassed to fish Destin?

I've been to Destin twice now and going to be there again next week. Every time I bring at lease one rod but never use it. My daughter wants to be on the beach but you hardly ever see anyone fishing the beach there are just swimmers and people laying out. Once I saw a guy fishing but at 7 30am he packed up and left.

Any of you guys feel weird fishing there? They have a few places on the back side but my daughter doesn't want to go there.

ive been there 4 times and have fished everytime, but i dont fish right off the beach i fish off the pier that is near the place im staying and have caught something every time i do, lots of fun just sitting there pounding brew, and enjoying the scenery

Comment

Yes a couple of years ago I walked onto that pier, I think it is the only one. The problem is my daudoesnt want to hang out on a pier.

I'm trying to fish and allow her to play in the water

Comment

Been fishing their several times. Had plenty of successful snapper trips on the party boats. When my brother was stationed there we waded some flats and fished the boat dock lights at night for trout. Went fishing at the pier and beach at night a few times. Always caught something worth eating.

Comment

We'll be there next week. Planning to fish early before the crowds start hitting the beach.

Comment

I fish at night off the beach or at daybreak. This year I might take a day trip or try by the jetties at night.

Comment

I have fished the surf there before. All I ever caught were ladyfish.

Comment

west of there I have a buddy who fishes a LOT

kayak, says 3rd sand bar is the trick...

Comment

I will be in Navarre Beach all of next week (30 min from Destin). I will be getting a Kayak and fishing past the 3rd gut if the surf allows free lining cigar minnows. Can't wait! Our house is right on the sound with a lighted private pier so will be fishing that at night.

Comment

I'm headed there next Friday. I'll be slinging a lure early in the mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      I will be in Navarre Beach all of next week (30 min from Destin). I will be getting a Kayak and fishing past the 3rd gut if the surf allows free lining cigar minnows. Can't wait! Our house is right on the sound with a lighted private pier so will be fishing that at night.
                      A rental house? PM me house details if it is please. My son in law is getting sent to Eglin in August some time. We're looking for a place to visit.

Comment

I don't think the beach fishing there is like it is here. Maybe by the pier or on the bay side.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Hey Johnny.....been trying to reach you via PM and email.

Comment

LOL........in gulf shores we do early morning as the beach is taken over by tourists later.........non issue as the good fishing is over by then! Time to hang with the family.

Comment

I'm in Santa Rosa Beach (15 miles from Destin. We have been so busy running around that I haven't had time to fish. Leaving in the morning.
                              Was going yesterday but was informed that the surf was perfect for boogie boarding, so that's what I did. The water is as clear as any water I've seen. Beautiful place for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X