X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I like 3 Blade

This is just a couple of the reasons.

Enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akEh5yTdj14"]Cuts 3blade VS 2Blade - YouTube[/ame]

Rick

I have lost more blood trails with a 3 blade then I ever have with a 2 blade. Just my $.02

Comment

Thanks for sharing, that puts a different perspective on broadheads for me. I recently purchased the VPA small game heads and they are awesome. I'm reaaly glad that you posted this because I was pretty sure that I was going to give their broadheads a try and now I know which ones to try out.

Comment

Good vid, Rick.

Comment

Rick I know you shoot a little on the heavier side as bow weight, for someone shooting around 50#, would you think the resistance from having to drive three blades through would out way the resistance from the arrow following the two blade. Considering blade with is the same width cut?

Also have you tried this with the single bevels, my abowyers put an S cut on entry and exit, it seams that might be a better alternative to lower weight shooters.....

I know you like debate Rick so just thought I'd add to the pot.... Great info.... I've never thought about it in those terms

Carry on

John

Comment

That's a good video. I've killed all my trad animals and turkey with a Woodsman Elite three blade head, with the exception of one hog I killed with a two blade head.
            I just liked the way they flew out of my bow and always a pass through.

Comment

John, mine were out of a 48 and 52 pound bows. I don't shoot the big boy bows

Comment

MA, sorry for your bad luck.

Ben, glad to be of service.

Thanks Mrs. Deb

John, the lowest draw weight I have used with 3 blade is 50#, and I got two holes, and a lot of complete pass throughs always, and that includes when I hit heavy bone on pigs & deer.

I have a buddy who only shoots 45# with a 26" draw. He shoots the 125gr VPA 3blade. He got a complete pass through on a 280# pig at 18 yards.

3 (SHARP) blades on a reasonable weight arrow, with good arrow flight, and you're good to go.

Of course shot placement is very important, but that kinda goes without saying regardless of your broadhead of choice.

Rick

Comment

Good info thanks for sharing.

Comment

theres no doubt it will do the job, the biggest animal ive killed was a 450# boar shot with a snuffer from a 43# recurve, but from your demonstration youve stated that one the 3 blade hole would open up from strech from any axis point where the 2 blade would not and 2 that the resistance put on the shaft from the 2 blade hole was far greater the the 3 blade.

im just curious how the single bevel would do in that same experiement and if 1 it open on any axis, 2 how the resistance put on the shaft stacked up between the three

if the single bevel faired equally as well in your experiment as the three blade then it would be a better penetration head at a wider scale of draw weights.

i do understand theres a point at which it doesnt matter for our texas game, but just for thought

Comment

Sorry John, I forgot to address the question about the single bevel from your first post.

Yes I have tested single bevel the same way in the past. I just didn't have video at the time.

A single bevel slit closes almost the same as a double bevel slit, but not quite as bad when a good S cut is achieved. The difference is marginal, and even with the S cut it does not open as well as the Y cut.

Rick

Comment

Rick did you shoot the video using your helmet cam???

Comment

Originally posted by BRIAN OKONSKI View Post
                          Rick did you shoot the video using your helmet cam???
                          No. I thought about it, but in this case it was just easier to use the tripod, and reach over it.

I figured the head motion from the helmet cam up so close might give folks motion sickness. LOL

Rick

Comment

So basically your saying that a 4 blade would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              So basically your saying that a 4 blade would be even better.
                              Not really, it's about the same on all axis as the 3 blade, but yes, as far as the hole gap is concerned it is better than a two blade.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X