The Timer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Timer Problems

I had to buy a new timer for one of my feeders back in early October. All this place had was "The Timer" and said it was the best on the market. I bought this unit to replace a Sweeney timer that had been on this feeder for 18 years. So far I have had to exchange this Timer three times. The timer is loosing memory of the preset feedings and resetting itself thus not working the next time. Has anyone experienced this? This is the third unit that has done this in less than two months.

I've had two for 5 yrs with no issues. The only time I've heard of something like this was when there internal battery went bad. Very strange your having so many issues they are a solid piece of equipment.

Comment

I've been on my lease for 10yrs and have used The Timer exclusively. I have 15 feeders and have only replaced one due to creek coming up during rains this summer and flooding it out. I haven't had any problems, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. If it has wheels, a prop, or is electronic, it will give you problems.

Comment

I bought 3 used 3-4 years ago and no problems here. I would have to say they are the best Imo compared to any thing I've used in the past

Comment

they got warranty on them...

Comment

Been running 2 since 2007 and 4 since 2009 and they are all still original timers with no issues.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've contacted West Texas Feeders and they said they did have a batch of bad timers and have not gotten all of them back from retailers yet. They are sending me a new unit.

Comment

Working...
              X