Why do I even look on Craigslist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I even look on Craigslist?

I was looking for an inexpensive kayak for me and my son. I could buy two singles, but figured I'd look for an inexpensive sit-on two-person model.

Last night, I see an inexpensive Pelican two-man on Craiglist for $200. So I look at the description, and it say's it's an 8 footer. So I send an email to the person, asking if the ad is correct, as I've never seen an 8 foot two seater before (but I'm not well versed in kayaks... so maybe it's right). They respond today by telling me it's actually a 12 footer.

So I go back to Craiglist to read the rest of the description, and it's gone. However, late last night, they put a new ad up that reads the same except it's identified as a 12 footer (with picture), and the price is now $300.

I might be wrong, but I smell scam, so I'm not dealing with it. It just bothers me that the description (length) and price were both changed.

Probably for the best. My son just looked at the picture and said he doesn't like it.

All the best,
    Glenn

your probally already familiar with it but texaskayakfisherman.com will sometimes have good deals in their classifieds

Comment

I was stupid enough to see a too good to be true price on a couple atvs sent an email and got the i'm in the militart and leaving soon. The atv was in nashville, and if you send the money, he will have the atvs delivered in 3-5 days.

I thought i scored a heck of a deal until the return email. Sucks.

On the other hand, my buddy has great luck buying and selling on craigslist.

Comment

I don't deal with anything on Craigslist unless its face to face and I always bring a friend and make sure it's in a public place when I make a deal.

Comment

I don't look on Craigslist very often, but I did score a great deal on a real nice bass guitar yesterday, after exchanging a couple of emails and a phone call, with the seller. Def gotta be a FTF transaction for me, too.

Comment

I bought 2 Castaway Rods on Craigslist not too long ago. They were a steal and the guy posting knew it, he said they were worth way more than he was asking and just wanted to clean some stuff out. I went and met him and picked them up and it was Rusty Baker from Rusty Baker Outdoors. Real nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SurroundedbyAGs View Post
              your probally already familiar with it but texaskayakfisherman.com will sometimes have good deals in their classifieds
              I was not familiar with that. Thanks! I'll check them out.
              All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

This isn't about Kayaks but, I've been perusing Craigslist the last week or two and I found a several bows at pretty good prices. Looks like a lot of people buy expensive bows before they try shooting. Anyway, This is my first post on here, thought I'd say Hi! -Joe

Comment

You can find some good stuff but there are plenty of scammers too. I agree FTF in a public place

Comment

Originally posted by SurroundedbyAGs View Post
                    Yes. TKF is the TBH of the kayak world. Lots of those guys are like the bowhunters who have to buy the new model bow each year and sell their lightly used last years models at good prices.
                    You can find good deals on yaks on TKF. New listings posted daily. I've sold two yaks on TKF in the past. Great website!

Comment

I look at craigslist almost everyday, tons of junk and scams on there but there are plenty of good deals to be found. I found an item I wanted almost 2 months ago for a great price, contacted the guy, got a response, then the price went up. Told him not interested at that price and now it's still on there at a lower price but not at the price I wanted to pay

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                        I bought 2 Castaway Rods on Craigslist not too long ago. They were a steal and the guy posting knew it, he said they were worth way more than he was asking and just wanted to clean some stuff out. I went and met him and picked them up and it was Rusty Baker from Rusty Baker Outdoors. Real nice guy.
                        I bought an office desk from Rusty Baker as well.

Comment

craigslist sucks....you should stay away, lots and lots of scammers and bad deals on there

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                            craigslist sucks....you should stay away, lots and lots of scammers and bad deals on there
                            I see what you did there! I agree 100%

Comment

Bought a box blade off CL for 200 bucks. The new cheap box blades are 600 bucks....and those I got retailed for 1500. There are deals out there, just gotta be vigilant.

Sold my motorcycle on CL and bought my 850 sportsman off CL

Comment

Working...
                              X