Have you ever noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Is it just me or have y'all ever noticed how many people in this world are missing fingers, a finger or part of their finger? Maybe it's just up here but in the past two weeks I've seen 7 people missing a finger or part of one and one guy had an arm missing. Crazy how many people you notice missing body parts when you really pay attention. I worked with a dude for over a year before noticing he was missing a finger. Only one person out of 9 I worked with knew he was either.

Is it really that common? It's crazy to me how often you see that.
    I always notice things like that too. Teeth is another eye catcher for me!

Comment

I got the ring finger of my left hand caught past the knuckle between the two bars that run horizontally on a lineman's facemask during a game when I was in college. Pretty much crushed the knuckle and had it set in a 90 degree bend. Was supposed to have a surgery to regain the ability to straighten it post healing but did it during a practice after the cast had been removed. Now it just kin of sits at a 45 degree angle and is a great weather predictor!

Comment

I was driving through Corrigan several years ago and stopped to get gas at a store there on 59. Big sign over the store said STUBBYS. I walked in and the lady behind the counter had one arm and on the other side just a stub about 10 inches long that stuck straight out.

I said," Hello, you must be Stubby". She looked all hurt and said her name was Cheryl or something like that. Surely I'm not the only one to assume that?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          If you ever work in a manual machine shop with lots of people, it's a pretty common thing. I've pinched off the end of my rt pinky one time. The Docs nipped it off, cleaned it up, and put it back on. Then another time, in a toy balloon factory, I cut the first three half way off on the same hand, trying to get a 1800rpm motor running when the belt stuck. I didn't go to the doc for that one. Pushed them up shut, taped them up. Then got them slammed in the back porch door the next day on the way to work. I decided to take that night off.

My right hand has had a lot of injuries. Every finger broken twice and thumb once. But my left hand is almost injury free. You can guess if I'm right or left handed.
          Back in the 70's, we had a guy cut his finger off one night. They started taking him out to the ER and I looked down and his finger was still laying on the floor. Grabbed it with a shop rag and chased them down to give it to them. Had a guy get a pretty good chunk of hair and scalp yanked out by a lathe one night. I've been hit by broken tools many times, but never hurt real bad. Got a few stitches now and then.

Comment

I had, he's deceased now, an uncle who lost his left arm as a child. He was a county commissioner for years and quite the character. There's quite a few stories that could be told about him. One thing he did that has stuck in our little town, is that he another local arm amputee that was the local city manager, started The One Arm Dove Hunt. Every year, I'd say 100 or more, amputees come to the annual event. They do go out on a dove hunt one afternoon, but it's so much more than just that. There's a glove swap each year, for those who don't need a left or right handed glove. They serve a 10 cent per finger breakfast, so if you don't have any fingers, you get breakfast free! Cow chip chunking contest against local politicians. But mainly, amputees from all over the country get a chance to meet other amputees, swap stories, and make life long friendships. Anyone is welcome to come, but especially any of you guys who are partial or full amputees. This year will be the 50th reunion. If any of you guys would like to know more, just google search Olney Texas One Arm Dove Hunt.

Comment

My nephew lost his parts of 2 fingers in a meatgrinder while making sausage.

I remember years ago we were slicing BBQ for an event and had an older gentleman helping us who was missing several digits on several fingers. While running the slicer, he suddenly jerked back and then laughed. If he had those fingers, he would have cut them.

Several Budweisers later, he jerked back again. Welllll, this time he got some of his remaining fingers. We put someone else on the slicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Yes. You can get an HR complaint if you tell a 4 fingered man to give you a "high 5". Ask me how I know.
                I get this all the time, lost the little finger on my right hand. The way it was surgically removed no one notices. Its amazing what all that little finger does in life.

Comment

Xbow hunters

Comment

Stood next to my sister when I was 8 and watched her try to burn a red ant mound up. She poured some gas in the hole and set the can down to close, She lit the fire and the can blew up, bottom came off and flew like a frisbee and she stuck her hand up and it took off half of her ring finger.

Comment

I was in a meeting at church a few weeks ago, everyone was sitting around tables. The speaker was talking about something I already knew about and I was just kind of zoned out. My eyes dropped down and I noticed a lady at the table next to mine was wearing sandals and there seemed like too many toes. Sure enough, I counted and she had six toes on each foot. Her feet didn't look weird or misshaped or anything - just an extra toe on each one.

Comment

The end of my left ring finger got smashed when I working at a machine shop right out of school. Hydraulic cylinder lifted a small lift up and down loading blanks into the chucks. It got hung up and I was working it with the magnetic valve. Allen wrench slipped out of the valve when I was cleaning shavings from under the lift. I wasn't quite quick enough. Funny part is that it never hurt. It still has no feeling to this day and has a nasty scar lol. But, its still there

Comment

Had a great Uncle who got his arm caught in a cotton gin machine when he was 16. Chewed it up to the elbow. That man never missed a day of work once he healed and was a hell of a rancher his whole life. Still have memories of him with his button up western shirts, with one long sleeve sewn to the shoulder. Thats all he wore.

I did get slapped by my wife a few years back. Sitting at a Rangers game on the isle. Noticed a guy with one arm, doing a heck of a job carrying three beers and a hotdog walking up the isle. Leaned over to the wife, and said. You should give that ole boy a hand.....

Comment

You know...the majority of licensed drivers have more than the average number of legs.

Comment

Working...
                            X