Inferno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inferno

I have found a Banana Pepper that is killer. My go to pepper is a Serreno and I can wolf down 3 to 4 Chili Pequins with a sandwich and chips for lunch. With that said the Inferno is HOT. One 3 inch pepper is good for 3 meals, and the flavor is off the hook.

How do I make more plants from the one I have. Seeds? Cloning? Thinking about setting up a tiny inside grow this winter to keep it going.

Any ideas?

ttt

Comment

bump

Comment

If hybrid you can't use the seeds.

Comment

This is what I've done with red chili peppers in the past: String the peppers up on some thread or string to dry. It will take a couple of months pending on humidity. I hang mine in the kitchen for decoration. It also reminds me I have spice on hand . Once dry, cut them open length wise and deseed the pods. Remove all fiber from seeds, place on a paper towel and fold up, and put in a plastic zipplock bag. Place in the lower part of your frig for a couple of months, or in your freezer for a couple of weeks. This simulates winter and will stimulate them. Then take the seeds out and plant.

As for the empty pepper pods, I chop mine up and place on a cookie sheet in the oven on very low heat. Kind of like you were making jerky. Then use as a seasoning. That way nothing goes to waste.

My brother grows them out the wazoo, Japs, habanarros, red and green chilies, ect. So I always have plenty.

You can also store them whole in the freezer in zip-lock bags. I take them out when needed for cooking, or adding to salsa. Not like the real fresh live ones. But it will do for storage .

Comment

Thor, I wondered what happend to all your hair. Done burn't it off eatin stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
            X