Hand Corning during the hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Corning during the hunt?

How many of you hand corn the day of the hunt while approaching your spot and how do you do it? As in, what do you use to carry it in, how much do you use, do you add vanilla or other attractants/smells, etc??

I corn as I walk in. Take a bucket with some. We also use a tailgate spreader if gun hunting.

Comment

I have a road feeder I drive in to my spot get everything I need and put it into the blind then corn ALOT and then drive off and get back to the blind quickly.

Comment

I always corn by my set up when I walk in. Always put 10-15 lbs in a pillow case to reduce any noise when carrying or dumping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish270 View Post
          I always corn by my set up when I walk in. Always put 10-15 lbs in a pillow case to reduce any noise when carrying or dumping out.
          Same. Pillow case, but 20-25 lbs!

Comment

I carry a whole bag with me and pour it out. Sometimes I do half in the morning half in the evening, just depends on how generous I’m feeling at the moment. I just put the bag behind my stand and put a stick or rock on it

Comment

I use a soft draw string back pack with about 10 pounds of corn. If I'm walking in and I see corn left from the day before I just climb into my stand. If the corn I spread the day before is gone, I spread what I bought.

Comment

Usually try to corn the spot the day before if possible if not try to drive in there early and put a full bag out!

Comment

Hand corned last weekend in Fredericksburg.

Comment

Last week I carried a 3 gallon bucket in with me at 3pm and poured it around a spot I had been baiting. At 5:30 I shot a good buck off of it and had to wait for other deer to move out the way. There hadn't been corn there for a week. I think they can smell it further off than we think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every time I go out ..and they will come to it more than a feeder. I call mine the bring m bucket 1/3 party pail, 1/3 corn hauler, 1/3 trash bucket. Same bucket for 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish270 View Post
                        Pillow case huh? I dig that. Bye bye 2 gallon baggie. Quieter and more corn. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Big crown royal bags work great

Comment

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
                            Big crown royal bags work great

Ha! I Have half a dozen or so hanging on a hat rack at the ranch. For whatever reason I just have a hard time throwing them away yet they usually serve no purpose. Now they will. Thanks again.

Comment

I have a small pail I fill with corn before walking to my blind. Once there I pour strip next to my feeder pointing directly at my blind. When the deer come they will stand to the side and present a broadside shot doing it this way. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X