Like to get some of yalls Ideas on a Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like to get some of yalls Ideas on a Blind

I have a bow stand in a Tree about 20ft up and its a average shot of about 20 yards. The past two years we have hunted it with it just being open and it is hard to draw without deer seeing you. So I am thinking about putting some sort of enclosure on it to make it harder for the deer to see you. The platform is about 7 feet long and 4 feet wide. The bench is about 5 foot long and 2 foot wide. I attached a few images to get a idea of what I am thinking of doing. I just wanted to get some other ideas cause I know I am forgetting something. The pictures with the red block coming in thru the window is about the angle of the shot. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Nothing to add but interested to see the some ideas for it.

Comment

No good ideas???

Comment

Your blind set up is nice and at that height the only thing you may need to camuflage it is choping some branches and tie ém around the blind´s frame, that´s a great spot hope you get luck

Comment

Originally posted by PROUDREDNECK View Post
          Your blind set up is nice and at that height the only thing you may need to camuflage it is choping some branches and tie ém around the blind´s frame, that´s a great spot hope you get luck
          If you add a 2x2 wood frame, with burlap stretched over it, under the above mentioned brush, you'd be golden.

Just make sure you make the front low enough to shoot over.

If you just add something behind you, it'll break up your silhouette and probably give you all the cover you need. Think of a box with the whole front open; deer won't see you from any angle that you could shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            If you add a 2x2 wood frame, with burlap stretched over it, under the above mentioned brush, you'd be golden.

Just make sure you make the front low enough to shoot over.

If you just add something behind you, it'll break up your silhouette and probably give you all the cover you need. Think of a box with the whole front open; deer won't see you from any angle that you could shoot.
            That makes sense. Right now it is completely open and our background is just the wood bench. Maybe I can make something about 24" tall in the front with burlap over it and then put some burlap behind us to help break us up. I think that would be easiest.

Comment

If you could use some 2x2s or something light you could use cattle panels and do something similar to what you would put on the ground. Box 2x2 frame, cattle panel for cover on sides, black tarp wrapped around, then burlap, some brush, 1-2 shooting holes, =golden blind set up.

Comment

That is a really cool blind. If it were me I'd build a frame short in the front and higher in the back and use some cheap camo netting (green would blend in great with a oak leaves) to cover it. Assuming you are only shooting one direction out of it.

Comment

if your not worried about strength too much....use pvc,,paint it black..then slap some burlap on it...no real extra weight and fairly stable.

Comment

I would put something above you so you won't be sky lit. Small strings with pieces of burlap would work. You can do the same thing on the bottom of your stand. Tie a knot on the end of the burlap and let the other end hang and flap in the breeze like leaves. This will camouflage your movement some. Also practice drawing on deer. It should be little problem at 20'.

Comment

Working...
                    X