Best Dove Fillet Recipe... Prize awarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Dove Fillet Recipe... Prize awarded

I filleted out about 50 Dove and lightly salted Peppered and Garlic salted a few to grill today.
    Who has the Best recipe for dove breast?

I will ship a free T-Mate to the recipe I decide to go with.

There's the typical poppers with cream cheese, jalapeno and bacon. Those are always a crowd pleaser. Not my recipe but I'm gonna try doing some with a piece of pineapple and honey-sriracha dipping sauce. So,
    1. dove breast with pineapple wrapped in bacon.
    2. grill

Honey-Sriracha Dipping Sauce
    Ingredients
    ½ cup honey
    1 Tbsp. Sriracha, or to taste
    1 tsp. soy sauce
    Juice of one lime

Comment

We dice the breasts and lightly sauté them with butter garlic and onions and then mix them into Mexican corn bread mix. Cook just like cornbread and serve with gravy.....

Comment

I usually fillet then off and chicken fry them with some onions

Comment

interesting suggestions so far

Comment

Dove and deer sausage gumbo.

Comment

Cut in half and seed out Jalapeños. Put breast filet in half jalapeño wrapping with bacon. One toothpick is enough to keep it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                Dove and deer sausage gumbo.
                Didn't have any deer sausage but dove breast Gumbo was my "go to" favorite last year.

Comment

There's a dove lettuce wraps on here. I will try to find it.

Comment

Cream cheese, pineapple, wrap in bacon and grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cut each breast in half, soak in Frank's hot sauce, flour and fry.

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I fillet, chicken fry and then mix in cream ( milk ) gravy served over bread . Hard to beat this way.

Comment

I like to let the dove marinade in shinier bock while I prep. By cutting green bell peppers into thin strips and cut up some smoked gouda cheese, then wrap the dove breast around the pepper and cheese roll up in half a slice of bacon then sprinkle a mixture a McCormick Montreal steak seasoning and Webbers steak and chop seasoning and cook over a hickory fire. I promise you it's bomb

Comment

Heres another that I have saved off to try - like most, it's not my original recipe.

Hot Fried Birds (serves 4)
                              12 whole doves, plucked and gutted
                              1 cup buttermilk
                              kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
                              2 cups all-purpose flour
                              oil or lard, for frying
                              3 tablespoons unsalted butter
                              4 tablespoons honey
                              4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
                              3 tablespoons hot sauce
                              4 thinly sliced jalapeños
                              1/4 cup fresh herb leaves, such as parsley or marjoram

Halve the birds by cutting down one side of the breastbone and through the ribs with a sharp, heavy knife. Repeat on the opposite side, effectively removing the breastbone. Soak the halves in buttermilk for 4 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.

Remove the birds from the buttermilk, season well with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Shake off the excess flour and refrigerate them for at least half an hour.
                              Heat 4 inches of oil to 375 degrees in a fryer or large pot.

Melt the butter, then combine it with the honey, garlic, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
                              Fry the birds in batches until golden brown and crisp, 3 or 4 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.

Toss the fried birds with the melted-butter mixture, add the jalapeños and herbs, and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately.

Comment

Working...
                              X