Different kind of hunt. Vancouver Bull in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different kind of hunt. Vancouver Bull in Hawaii

If it is not your thing And you think it’s dumb I don’t need to hear about it. Please respect that

I’m turning 40 next year and my wife and i will celebrate 15 years of marriage. So we are going to Hawaii. I am getting to hunt for a couple days for my birthday present. I am probably going to hunt a Vancouver bull with my bow.

Has anyone done that on here or know anyone that has? I’ve found several outfitters and trying to make the best decision on who to book with.

Also arrow setup. I know I need a heavy arrow and cut in contact but how heavy? My bow is 76# and I have a 30” draw so that should be plenty. Will my 475 grain elk arrow be enough?

Picture off the internet. Not me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sounds like fun.

Comment

Yes but with your DL and DW, I’d go higher.

Not likely it’ll suck the string

Comment

Looks like fun.

Maybe ask your outfitter for their recommendation?

Comment

If you killed an elk with your setup, you'll be fine.
            I shoot a LOT less bow that that and I've killed a bison (cow) and a buffalypso with it.

You are on the right track with the cut on contact head. I think that is vital. Maybe consider a tougher head, like a German Kinetic ... those things are incredible.

Comment

I would go heavier on the arrow with more FOC and possibly a single bevel head.

That sounds like it would be a blast and I look forward to your write up and LDP's! Good luck.

Comment

Are these wild?....never heard of a Vancouver Bull.

Comment

I would think your set up would be fine with what you have for elk but just definitely use a stout cut on contact head and I wouldn’t worry. When you find one to shoot, shoot some with some wild horns with some nice scars

Comment

Dude, that sounds awesome! But yeah, as others have said, I'd go heavier based on your DL and weight.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      I would think your set up would be fine with what you have for elk but just definitely use a stout cut on contact head and I wouldn’t worry. When you find one to shoot, shoot some with some wild horns with some nice scars
                      From the hunts I’ve seen on YouTube it looks like fun!

Comment

I would love to shoot one just for revenge for all the feeders of mine his relatives have torn up over the years.

I would shoot a heavier arrow. While water or cape buffalo are larger, most outfitters recommend 650-750 grain or more arrows for those animals.

Comment

Nice. Congrats to you and the Mrs. Happy Birthday to you.
                          . Good luck on the Bull. They are some sort of feral cattle right? A lot of meat!
                          If you plan on bringing any meat home check the laws. Don't think cows are cervids, so the meat importation law may now apply. Just be safe and look it up. Don't need no headches.
                          You know they do have Axis/hogs also on Hawaii.
                          Go have a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Are these wild?....never heard of a Vancouver Bull.

Yes they are wild. Been on the island for 100 years. Wild enough they won’t let my wife go watch and they will have a rifle for backup

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                              Nice. Congrats to you and the Mrs. Happy Birthday to you.

. Good luck on the Bull. They are some sort of feral cattle right? A lot of meat!

If you plan on bringing any meat home check the laws. Don't think cows are cervids, so the meat importation law may now apply. Just be safe and look it up. Don't need no headches.

You know they do have Axis/hogs also on Hawaii.

Go have a blast

Thank you for the Info. Yes I know they have those but i can kill those here. I have never known someone to kill one so that’s part of the reason I want too.

Comment

Working...
                              X