Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-08-2018, 02:53 AM   #151
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lake Livingston

The repo company's "Registered Agent" has denied the Court Citation twice now. Any lawyer types out there know my next move?

Foolish me for expecting that their agent, who is registered with the State of Texas would do his duty.
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2018, 03:50 AM   #152
Thumper
Pope & Young

Might try talking to the DPS/TX Rangers, to ask if they could help or point you in the right direction. If they're licensed and bonded by the state they would have a copy of their insurance information.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2018, 04:37 AM   #153
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Might try talking to the DPS/TX Rangers, to ask if they could help or point you in the right direction. If they're licensed and bonded by the state they would have a copy of their insurance information.
Texas Dept. of Licensing & Registration website has them covered by Milwaukee Casualty Insurance Co.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #154
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampuscat View Post
The targeted motorcycle's year, model, VIN, and license plate number were all different on the repo order from mine. The idiot driver put zero time and effort into verifying he had the correct motorcycle.
I don't recall that information being posted 2 months ago when I made that comment. However, I'm still willing to bet you'll never see criminal charges against the repo truck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #155
Wampuscat
Ten Point

I called the registered agent today and was given another address to send the court citation to. This is friggin crazy. You’d think they would have the correct address listed with the State of Texas since you have to contact the state to find out who the registered agent for a company is in the first place???
Old 09-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #156
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Wow, before the server could send the papers to the new address, the postal service sent it again. This time the people accepted the papers.

I gave them to the JP Court Friday. The court said they’d be sending word soon. Nothing about this is quick. Good thing I’m patient.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #157
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Got some information today. The repo company Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery of Houston, shuttered its Texas doors in 2012. The company that took my bike is Auto recovery of Houston LLC, which was formed in 2008.

Here’s the shady part, they’re doing business as CAAR of Houston, and told Alvin PD they were Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery when they said they had a repo order. That sounds like fraud to me, or at least lying about to an officer to obtain police approval for the repo.

I’m assuming that the owner worked for Countrywide since they both are from Missouri. More research/study to come.

With a little more web browsing I found the president/owner Christopher Maddox also has another company in Pearland, Orange Street Properties LLC. The more layers this onion reveals, the more determined I get. Took forever to get his home address since nobody has phone books anymore.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #158
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Good luck and dont give up. Can you not find a lawyer to help you? I would head over to orange street properties and find out who needs to pay for your bike!
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 06:46 AM   #159
Texastaxi
Pope & Young

Hunt In: now accepting invitations!

I'm normally a pretty rational person, but when crap like this happens, and no one will accept responsibility, and even the police seem to be of very little help, it makes me mad enough to kick a puppy.

I sure hope you get this sorted out and get compensated not only for your bike, but for all your troubles and grief that this has caused.
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 07:47 AM   #160
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Find that SOB and make him pay bigtime. Can you put a lean on his company?
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #161
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
Got some information today. The repo company Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery of Houston, shuttered its Texas doors in 2012. The company that took my bike is Auto recovery of Houston LLC, which was formed in 2008.

Hereís the shady part, theyíre doing business as CAAR of Houston, and told Alvin PD they were Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery when they said they had a repo order. That sounds like fraud to me, or at least lying about to an officer to obtain police approval for the repo.

Iím assuming that the owner worked for Countrywide since they both are from Missouri. More research/study to come.

With a little more web browsing I found the president/owner Christopher Maddox also has another company in Pearland, Orange Street Properties LLC. The more layers this onion reveals, the more determined I get. Took forever to get his home address since nobody has phone books anymore.
Do the world a favor.......nail em!
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #162
Maddox
Ten Point

facebook page

Seems like a winner.

BTW: Not related.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #163
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
facebook page

Seems like a winner.

Lol, he thinks elephant hunting is bad. Tells you pretty much everything you need to know.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #164
91cavgt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
facebook page

Seems like a winner.

He grew up in the New England area then moved to the west coast. So he is a yous guys kinda guy who then moved to the land of fruits and berries. Thatís all I need to know.
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #165
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

I hope you penetrate his web of deception and get your pound of flesh.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #166
MagicBlade
Eight Point

Hunt In: Archer County Texas

That sucks, good luck. Hope you get reimbursed.
MagicBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #167
wal1809
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
I think you mean "yes sir".
lol
wal1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #168
Wampuscat
Ten Point

This is a slow process sure enough. I knew it was gonna or a pain in the rear. I could’ve gone straight to their insurance company, but I assume finding the right company name still would’ve been an issue.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #169
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Congrats to on sticking with this!! Get 'em!
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2018, 08:01 AM   #170
Outback
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano primarily

Stay after this! Following
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #171
Briar Friar
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds

Dang! Keep after it Wampus.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #172
DNJDon
Spike

Hunt In: Nacogdoches County,

I have question

1.Did you get the information off the wrecker that returned your bike Countrywide are ARB?
with this info. theirs no question who picked it up
2.Did you try to retrieve video surveillance from the admen. building
I own an auto transport co. and I deal with both these repo agents on a weekly bases and others
If you know for sure who brought the bike back and know who their insurance carrier is then call them and file a claim
DNJDon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #173
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNJDon View Post
I have question

1.Did you get the information off the wrecker that returned your bike Countrywide are ARB?
with this info. theirs no question who picked it up
2.Did you try to retrieve video surveillance from the admen. building
I own an auto transport co. and I deal with both these repo agents on a weekly bases and others
If you know for sure who brought the bike back and know who their insurance carrier is then call them and file a claim
I have pics of the truck with the bike, the driver and truck, and my wife with all 3. The video isnít a problem, theyíll give it to me. Video of them taking and returning the bike. I also have a guy that worked there and witnessed it ready to testify. I donít want to simply contact their insurance company and fight them over what does and doesnít need repairs. I want the Bass turds to know the effed up. The people wonít return calls or even accept written letters. Biggest POS company Iíve had the displeasure to have contact with. BTW, Countrywide Asset & Auto Recovery of Houston is an assumed name that they get to use for 10 years. Their real name is Auto Recovery of Houston.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #174
DNJDon
Spike

Hunt In: Nacogdoches County,

Quote:
I have pics of the truck with the bike, the driver and truck, and my wife with all 3. The video isnít a problem, theyíll give it to me. Video of them taking and returning the bike. I also have a guy that worked there and witnessed it ready to testify. I donít want to simply contact their insurance company and fight them over what does and doesnít need repairs. I want the Bass turds to know the effed up. The people wonít return calls or even accept written letters. Biggest POS company Iíve had the displeasure to have contact with. BTW, Countrywide Asset & Auto Recovery of Houston is an assumed name that they get to use for 10 years. Their real name is Auto Recovery of Houston.
I'm sure CAAR has photos of the bike after it was picked up along with a condition report this is standard procedure with all repo guys you should request them
DNJDon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #175
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNJDon View Post
I'm sure CAAR has photos of the bike after it was picked up along with a condition report this is standard procedure with all repo guys you should request them
To request anything, theyíd first have to take a phone call or receive a letter. Too many phone calls not returned and all letters sent USPS certified mail were refused. The most recent was Monday.

As a customer, you have a different priority to them. Iím the repo they screwed up on by not bothering to check the license plate or VIN.

Iím assuming they hope Iíll simply lose interest.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #176
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Quote:
To request anything, theyíd first have to take a phone call or receive a letter. Too many phone calls not returned and all letters sent USPS certified mail were refused. The most recent was Monday.

As a customer, you have a different priority to them. Iím the repo they screwed up on by not bothering to check the license plate or VIN.

Iím assuming they hope Iíll simply lose interest.
Give us the phone no. They might like cat facts.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #177
Four Point

Quote:
If you call their insurance company they will eventually know they messed up.
999 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #178
bigbad243
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas

Man this is really dragging on. At some point you need just sue the owner, period. He won't be able to ignore the sheriff on his door step with lawsuit documents.
bigbad243 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #179
WItoTX
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad243 View Post
Man this is really dragging on. At some point you need just sue the owner, period. He won't be able to ignore the sheriff on his door step with lawsuit documents.
This. I bet it isn't the first time the owner/his employees have done this. Like you said OP, he probably is trying to wait you out.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #180
fishinguy
Four Point

Stay on them, hopefully you get your day in court and a remedy.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #181
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad243 View Post
After filing a lawsuit against them, I found out the company name they gave the Alvin PD and me is an ďassumed nameĒ. So after all the hullabaloo, I got a reply from the registered agent for Countrywide Asset & Auto Recovery stating that the company sold in 2012 to a guy in Pearland. His name is Christopher Maddox. The new companyís name is Auto Recovery of Houston LLC, doing business as: CAAR of Houston LLC. CAAR is an acronym of the original name. To make it even more muddled, they get to use the original name , as an assumed name, for 10 years. Guess what? You canít sue a company under an ďassumed nameĒ.

Iím sure this guy is really liked by some people, no matter his business practices. After all, Hitler and Stalin had mothers who probably thought their sons were stand up guys too.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #182
E.TX.BOWHUNTER
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas Public Lands

Keep track of your hours too. Charge 350/hour because you are doing the work of a lawer. You should get all these hours too in compensation.
E.TX.BOWHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #183
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Lawsuit number 2 filed today. The repo company refused another certified letter. Now they can deal with the Constables.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:53 AM   #184
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Stay on them!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #185
91cavgt
Ten Point

Definitely stick with it, and as already mentioned, keep track of the hours spent on this.
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #186
WItoTX
Ten Point

There are some sorry people out there. Good on your for staying on him, I like to see this thread popping back up once or twice a week. Keep track of your time, I don't have any idea if you can charge an attorney rate unless you are one, but our admins bill out above $150/hour.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #187
WIGSPLITTR
Four Point

Hunt In: Jasper, Sabine Ntnl, Moore P

Killdozer!!!!
WIGSPLITTR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #188
denimdeerslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waller

Honestly I dont think you are going to get anything from them. Best if you can just get an insurance company to handle it. I filed and won in court before and to this day still havent gotten a dime. I even had his property inspected by sheriffs office to see what could be auctioned off and the law is with the defendent not the one who was basically robbed. Maybe you need to file on HD financing for mental anguish for 50k.
denimdeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #189
reddogdan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lindale

Just boggles the mind it could draw out this long!!
reddogdan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 12:50 PM   #190
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Keep on them!
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 12:52 PM   #191
bigbad243
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas

Quote:
After filing a lawsuit against them, I found out the company name they gave the Alvin PD and me is an ďassumed nameĒ. So after all the hullabaloo, I got a reply from the registered agent for Countrywide Asset & Auto Recovery stating that the company sold in 2012 to a guy in Pearland. His name is Christopher Maddox. The new companyís name is Auto Recovery of Houston LLC, doing business as: CAAR of Houston LLC. CAAR is an acronym of the original name. To make it even more muddled, they get to use the original name , as an assumed name, for 10 years. Guess what? You canít sue a company under an ďassumed nameĒ.

Iím sure this guy is really liked by some people, no matter his business practices. After all, Hitler and Stalin had mothers who probably thought their sons were stand up guys too.
But you can sue an owner. Just sue the Maddox guy and get this over with for your own sanity.
bigbad243 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top