Some times a little means alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some times a little means alot

I was shooting my recurve this afternoon. I noticed a wobble and my arrows were hitting a little high. I really bared down on my release and follow through but it didn't get any better. I was just about to have one of my melt downs where I shoot 50 or 60 arrows in a constant down hill side , where I end up so tired I can't draw my bow and pretty much ready to put a gun in my mouth. It doesn't take long with the heavy draw weights Chunky makes me use. I got a grip on myself and pulled out a knife and stripped 3 brand new feathers off one of the shafts. It flew nock high 4 times in a role. I slid my nock down about 1/32 and they looked alot better just a little weak. I twisted up my brace height 1/8 and SHAZAM it flew perfect. switching back to arrows with feathers I was very happy to be slapping arrows together again. I only changed, what I changed a tiny bit but it improved my flight considerably

Yep, its amazing what a little tweek will do. I did the same thing last week. The arrows were flying a little off. Moved the nock up about 1/8" and the results were much better.

Comment

Sure Buff, blame it on the equipment.

Comment

So - what made it get out of whack to start with?

Trailboss

Comment

I was just about to have one of my melt downs where I shoot 50 or 60 arrows in a constant down hill side , where I end up so tired I can't draw my bow...
          He is human!

Comment

did your brace hieght get shorter or was your shoulder or arms fatigued and shorten your draw length? Got to watch shooting to much, just listen to my shoulder. Still got to use it though, its like that use it or loose kind of thing.
            Chris Kiefner

Comment

my string had stretched and my brace height was too short.

Comment

That dang brace will do it everytime!

Comment

Comment

hey buff one day you need to let me travel over from jefferson and get some trad lessons from you....

Comment

I don't know about lessons, but you are welcome to come shoot any time

Comment

Working...
                      X