Santa Fe School shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
    Wow. Continued prayers. Genuinely, please let us know what we can do. Benefit, meals, donations, raffles, whatever. We want to help however we can.

Comment

Jay, I can only imagine the emotional torture your family is going through. I pray that y’all find peace and heal from this. The road will be long, but we are all here for you all.

Comment

Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer

Just saw this. Prayers Jay. Praying for a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers sent up for all

Comment

Hoggslayer
            God Bless

Comment

Thanks for all the prayers. Clay had one surgery today and is doing well. He has a cage around his arm and will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. He was shot in the upper thigh but that one was thru and thru. Govenor Abbot, Ted Cruz and Dan Patrick were here and talked with Clay and his friends for about an hour. Please pray for those that were not as fortunate as we were. My prayers go out to everyone involved. Not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into.

Hoggslayer
              Prayers sent for a full recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                Arming the teachers is not a reasonable solution. Armed security at every entrance and every hallway is.

Employ our vets, train them, pay them to protect our children.
                I agree with all of it. If a teacher feels competent enough to defend our children, they should have the right to do so.

Armed guards would be an excellent idea to me as well. Employ vets to do what they are trained to do.

Wonder if we petitioned Austin to make it happen, if it would gain traction and media play. Instead of the inevitable anti-gun rhetoric as if banning guns would have stopped this kid from hurting people

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  I agree with all of it. If a teacher feels competent enough to defend our children, they should have the right to do so.

They do have a “right’ to defend themselves and the students. It’s called the second amendment. Even in loose-screw California you have the right to defend yourself if you have a reasonable belief you or others are facing death or serious injury.

My daughter is a teacher. Accepting that job should not take away her right to life. It’s laws passed taking away the right.

FYI, this is CA law on the Attorney General website. Why should she be able to legally kill somebody who forces entry in our home, but not defend herself at work from a nut with shooting a gun at children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After Texas school shooting, Houston police chief says he's 'hit rock bottom' with inaction on gun control

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/na...a-8a58125b8463

Art Acevedo
                    18 hours ago
                    "To all my Facebook friends. Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve shed tears of sadness, pain and anger.

I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I’ve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns aren’t the problem and there’s little we can do. My feelings won’t be hurt if you de-friend me and I hope yours won’t be if you decide to post about your views and I de-friend you.

I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and I’ve never accepted defeat. And I won’t do it now. I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn’t instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him.

The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.

This isn’t a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, it’s a time for prayers, action and the asking of God’s forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing).

I close by saying, I wish those that move on from this page the best. May God Bless you and keep you."

https://www.facebook.com/ChiefArtAce...76298439150998

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                      After Texas school shooting, Houston police chief says he's 'hit rock bottom' with inaction on gun control

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/na...a-8a58125b8463

Art Acevedo
                      18 hours ago
                      "To all my Facebook friends. Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve shed tears of sadness, pain and anger.

I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I’ve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns aren’t the problem and there’s little we can do. My feelings won’t be hurt if you de-friend me and I hope yours won’t be if you decide to post about your views and I de-friend you.

I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and I’ve never accepted defeat. And I won’t do it now. I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn’t instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him.

The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.

This isn’t a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, it’s a time for prayers, action and the asking of God’s forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing).

I close by saying, I wish those that move on from this page the best. May God Bless you and keep you."

Other than complete confiscation of all guns in our country.....what gun control method would have stopped this?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Other than complete confiscation of all guns in our country.....what gun control method would have stopped this?

X2. Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          None.. He knows this.. Anyone with a shred of common sense does.
                          He is just stirring the pot..

Comment

Not sure how a CHL holder would have made much a difference in this case. (praying for hoggslayer's kid) But I would love for us to figure out a better action. Apparently this kid carried a shotgun into the school. I guess the only way to stop that is to use airport level security to search each kid before entering the school. We are on our way to doing that...

But there has to be some thing we can do as a community about teaching kids to not be so butt hurt over being bullied. Even loosing a girlfriend. I understand kids don't have a lot of emotional maturity - but our nation has been much better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
                              Not sure how a CHL holder would have made much a difference in this case. (praying for hoggslayer's kid) But I would love for us to figure out a better action. Apparently this kid carried a shotgun into the school. I guess the only way to stop that is to use airport level security to search each kid before entering the school. We are on our way to doing that...

It should be impossible for a gun to get into a school.

But there has to be some thing we can do as a community about teaching kids to not be so butt hurt over being bullied. Even loosing a girlfriend. I understand kids don't have a lot of emotional maturity - but our nation has been much better than this.
                              ^^^^Years ago they quit keeping score at ( little kids) games. Give every kid participation trophies so that no one feels the shame of defeat. At the earliest age kids are taught that no one is a looser....most kids are losers as it relates to sports or competition in general. There is value in loosing but god forbid we teach that lesson. Young boys and men are doped up to prevent them from acting like young boys because parents " cant handle him anymore" parents suk, the education system suks, and liberals suk. And make no mistake these things all lead back to liberals....and gutless republicans not stopping the liberal agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post

Art Acevedo

18 hours ago

What a *****. Ill defriend you hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. Hold on a second hahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha.

Then he acts like it happened in his jurisdiction and envokes the death of others in an appeal to emotion for purely political reasons. What a POS.

Comment

Working...
                                X