Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    Good luck.
    Don't worry about the outfitter having a sad story about some passed bowhunter.

He was just being lazy, guns make his job much easier.

More than not have tried to change my hunts at the last minute
    Happens just about every time. Really seems prevalent on the high price sheep/bear/mountain hunts. I hear how bowhunters take more time or require more fuel in the boats or more wear and tear on the guides. I don’t understand. They booked a 10 or 14 day hunt, they should plan on the hunt taking that long whether successful or not. I put a deposit down and booked as a bowhunt. Nothing more and nothing less. If you don’t want me then say so and don’t take my money. Fill the spot with rifle guys. I’ll come and I’ll be prepared to the best of my ability. I will have two tuned bows and arrows and broadheads to match the game. I will show up with realistic expectations and experience hunting dangerous game with a bow. I know there are no guarantees and when you decide to fling arrows at stuff that can kill people that guns sometimes get involved. I would think an outfitter would be comfortable with me showing up. I also know there are guys that book these hunts and pack a bow and have no business doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
      Happens just about every time. Really seems prevalent on the high price sheep/bear/mountain hunts. I hear how bowhunters take more time or require more fuel in the boats or more wear and tear on the guides. I don’t understand. They booked a 10 or 14 day hunt, they should plan on the hunt taking that long whether successful or not. I put a deposit down and booked as a bowhunt. Nothing more and nothing less. If you don’t want me then say so and don’t take my money. Fill the spot with rifle guys. I’ll come and I’ll be prepared to the best of my ability. I will have two tuned bows and arrows and broadheads to match the game. I will show up with realistic expectations and experience hunting dangerous game with a bow. I know there are no guarantees and when you decide to fling arrows at stuff that can kill people that guns sometimes get involved. I would think an outfitter would be comfortable with me showing up. I also know there are guys that book these hunts and pack a bow and have no business doing it.
      Exactly! And proof is in the trophy room pics if needed!

Comment

Best of luck to ya doc

Comment

Good luck Doc! Hopefully second time is the charm!

Brown bear/grizzly is in the top 3 of my bucket list to stick with my longbow. Can't wait to read about your trip and see some LDPs!

Comment

Up at the front of the bus they give you cocktails while everyone else boards. Very nice. Not used to this!!!! Could get used to first class but would kill the hunting budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hows the weather where your hunting at?

Comment

Can't wait for the game to begin

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  Hows the weather where your hunting at?
                  Last I looked the weather for the island was lows right around 30, highs might get a little above 50, and there is a good chance it will be wet the whole time. It’s coastal Alaska so gotta plan on rain. I think being on the island buffers some of the cold.

Comment

Now the wine course! Don’t tell anyone but they let a redneck up front. And ****, either these are some tiny glasses or my hands are freakishly large!

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

Good luck - I know you will have a great time.

Comment

Safe travels, make 'em jealous!

Comment

Good luck Doc! In for one of your epic adventures! I just paid off my NZ hunt thanks for your inspiration-motivation. A bear bowhunt is also in the cards too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Now the wine course! Don’t tell anyone but they let a redneck up front. And ****, either these are some tiny glasses or my hands are freakishly large!

Freakishly large hands in your line of work?? Would that make you well hung?

Comment

Good luck Doc. Looking forward to the write up and the LDP's!

Comment

Working...
                                X